1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

xj 700 carb troubles

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by francis79, Jan 22, 2019.

1. francis79

francis79 New Member

hi all . after 15 years of sitting in the shed its time to bring my 85 xj 700 air cooled back to life . its a low mileage 16,000 km ( 9500 mile ) machine in pretty nice shape . so first thing to do is pull the carbs and they could be worse but there is issues , first things I never really put it away right so it was pretty messy inside , I am worried the passages might be so crudded up I wont be able to clean them out fully . second there is two broken float towers . one was repaired pretty well but the second im sure only had heat shrink on it to hold it together . so my question is , other than rolling the dice on an ebay set or posting the want adds here , where can I source a good set of usable hitachi 33 carbs .

2. tabaka45

tabaka45 Well-Known Member

I bought a parts bike off Craigslist for $200 and it came with a good set of carbs. Of course, I took a chance, but at $200 for a parts bike I thought it was worth it. Other than eBay you can try Chacal. Click on XJ4Ever at the top right. Probably more costly but you will know what you are getting.

3. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

I may have a good set I’ll check in the morning