1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ and quite frankly, cycle noob.....

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Nastn8, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Nastn8

Nastn8 Member

Hey all. its been a minute! Fear not I haven't put her down. Got a nice pile of goodies for her with my tax returns, and I'm plugging right along. I will catch up on both this thread and the Wrangler tdi thread, but for now , I'm freraking slammed. I procured an Antigravity 8 cell for this thing and have begun researching if I need to build a custom regulator. It looks like the ic regulator allows charging up to 14.6v, which is the ceiling for this battery. My question is..... how many amps will the ic regulator/rectifier allow? 8a is the max charge rate for this battery... I want to be thourough in this department as I am all too aware of the care the lithium batteries need. I'm tucking it under the tail cone and would prefer not melting it/burning my ass!!

2. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

Normally, the lithium batteries have a built-in charge controller. They need it because of the complicated nature of charging lithium batteries (properly). I wouldn't think you'd need to change what the bike originally had.

3. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

THIS.

Nastn8 likes this.
  4. Nastn8

Nastn8 Member

I'm not certain this unit does. I talked to Antigravity this morning and their main concern is not letting the battery dip bellow 11v. I'm certain that maintaining a low load is what will keep the charging amps stable. I've decided to rewire the entire machine and I will be taking special care there. I will be adding an amp meter/volt meter to monitor. Thanks Dave! How's the robot? And K-Moe, you through with your conferences?

5. Nastn8

Nastn8 Member

.... Also, I'm putting out an apb for a seat latch.... Not the portion welded to the frame... The one in the seat and it doesn't need to be mint. I'll clean it up. Anyone who has one give me a number and I'll purchase through PayPal.

6. Nastn8

Nastn8 Member

20170201_162811.jpg I believe this is the one that engages the frame latch/helmet lock. That's the one I need.

Attached Files:

7. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Confrences are over. We are now on the long road to summer. Ugh. Kids. ;)

Apologies for forgetting whatever it is that I said I would do (I'm assuming here).

8. dkavanagh

Seat latch, huh? Want the original one from your bike?

9. Nastn8

Nastn8 Member

Lol. Only if you don't need it Dave. I'd feel better taking ones off of a less than nice seat! You have an old one laying around?

10. dkavanagh

I haven't swapped seats yet, but I really only need on seat latch, so which one is less important to me.

11. Nastn8

Nastn8 Member

Name your price Dave! I reworked my plans for this custom seat. Would love to have it latch using the stock design!

12. Nastn8

Nastn8 Member

You made no promises K-Moe. Now I gather you are a teacher! Thumbs up sir!