1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ1100 Carb and Air help

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by speedy_the_drummer, Feb 7, 2019.

1. speedy_the_drummer

speedy_the_drummer New Member

I traded for this thing a while back. The dude showed me it running by spraying starter fluid on the pods (of which there was only pods on the outer 2 carbs). It's sat for about 6 months and now I'm starting to work on it.

I bought an airbox off eBay and went to put it on today and realized I don't have the boots that go from the carb into the airbox. What are they called/where can I get some? There's some from a XJ650 on eBay. Will those work?
    [​IMG]

Also, what goes into these ports (or are they supposed to stay blocked?
    [​IMG]

And where is this supposed to lead to?
    [​IMG]

THANK YOU!

2. Timbox

Timbox Active Member

Speedy,
    There is a flashing icon in the upper right corner, they will take care of you. Those intake boots that attach to the head will need to be looked at too, they are really cracked. As for that nipple you are pointing to, I think they are used to do a running carb sync. Once the syn is done, three of the four are capped off and the other one runs to the fuel petcock for suction to let the fuel run in the "on and res" position.

3. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

No. We do have the correct XJ1100 airbox boots available, just send us an e-mail for pricing, etc. info@xj4ever.com

Timbox (above) gave you the proper answer. It's not a bad idea to replace them too, since they get old/hard over time and don't seal as well as they should, causing a vacuum leak.

We have those, too....... :)

That goes (eventually) to that large white nipple coming out of the front center/top of the airbox. But there's an odd "sorta-S-shaped" hose that fits between the hose on the crankcase and the white airbox port, with a metal joiner (double-nipple) to join the two hoses together.

Looking more closely at the picture, it appears that the metal joiner (double-nippled pipe) is still in the end of the hose that you still have.

4. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

5. joe elliff

joe elliff Active Member Premium Member

I think u got the air box from me. If there’s anything I can help ya with for used parts just lmk. Past that. Len is your man to get her back to snuff. Glad to see you’re here!