1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ650 SECA modded with '83 XJ650 TURBO parts

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by richisan, May 26, 2014.

1. richisan

richisan New Member

Howdy y'all...had a 1983 XJ650 TURBO I worked on/restored for 6 months and finally gave up due to all the smoke and oil burning from the worn out turbo charger oil seals once I got it running. So, I decided to donate as many restored parts as possible to the stock but ratty '82 Seca I had and was pretty happy with the results....many parts fitted both bikes and the rear wheel fits with no mods, the front fork assembly+ wheels bolts up pretty well but a few brackets had to be made...Overall, it's looking real good now. Anyone else done this swap/mod before? 8)

2. TIMEtoRIDE

TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

Just to let you know - any turbo repair shop can overhaul the turbo with new bearings and seals, the kit is the same as the Mitsubishi/Dodge Colt turbo, the housing is the same, the impeller is different.

Post some pix in the MOD section !!
    Welcome to the site !!