1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale xj650j Parts

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by 750MaximSeattle, Jun 15, 2019.

1. 750MaximSeattle

750MaximSeattle Active Member

This is a part-out. Please see link to ad with photos.

I had purchased this bike to get it running and sell it. A while after the bike was delivered, I discovered the frame has damage. Came with a clean title, but it should say salvage given the frame is garbage. Previous owner said it rode fine and after I pointed out the damage he still insisted I "got a good deal" paying $600 for a non-running bike plus $50 delivery. Lesson learned, don't trust a seller's claims that the bike was in good condition...he says he didn't know but the more I think about it the less I trust he was honest about NOT knowing it was basically totaled. The engine is tilted so far I couldn't get the airbox boots to seal, I even unbolted the airbox so it could align bettter with the engine and still no such luck. Notice the photo of the right side of the engine and tank, the engine somehow slammed up into the lower seam of the tank. For crying out loud! Someone rode this thing drunk and forgot he crashed it??? The bent frame and engine (with a broken mount) would require serious repair by the next owner, so I'm stuck with parting it out. Sorry for the rant, but you guys can learn from my misfortune.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/d/everett-1982-xj650j-maxim/6910917272.html

01 IMG_4655.jpg 03 IMG_4652.jpg 04 IMG_4654.jpg IMG_4664.jpg IMG_4760.jpg IMG_4768.jpg IMG_4663.jpg IMG_4774.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019