1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ750 Anti Dive Unit Bleed Nipple Snapped

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by pkay, Dec 27, 2018.

1. pkay

pkay Member

Hi
    Has anyone had any luck removing a seized bleed nipple that has snapped off in the anti-dive unit?

2. 1965soda

1965soda Member

First pkay....yuck, that is a bad stroke of luck.

Not sure if that unit is removable on the 750....but, if it is, I would suggest removing it so you can soak it in some penetrating oil. Then try to use a bolt extractor/EZ out to see if you can get it loose.

If it is corroded/seized to the point it broke off, you may end up saving some time/frustration sourcing a used replacement. :-(

Hope that helps and best of luck!

3. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

Got a pic? My advice is same as @1965soda, soak with some penetrating oil and get a bolt extractor that you can tap into the hold in the middle and hopefully you can back it out. Some heat never hurts either if you can apply it without damaging anything else (I'm not familiar with the anti dive unit and if there are any seals etc. that heat would destroy).

4. Chitwood

Chitwood Well-Known Member

If the unit is aluminum with a steel bleed screw you could always dissolve the broken bleeder with alum. I'm not familiar with anti dive units either

5. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member