1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Xj750 oil level sensor

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Niall hicks, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Niall hicks

Niall hicks New Member

Hi guy I’ve a xj750 seca that had the speedometer with Atari I now have removed it and fitted new speedometer, I’m now looking to get a oil pressure sensor to replace the level sensor my xj has, can someone please tell me what model has the sensor I need? Thanks from sunny Northern Ireland

2. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

As you have figured the oil light is only oil qty . To put an oil pressure gauge you have to drill and tap into an oil galley , I cannot say exactly where believe on the right side of engine . Personally I do not worry about the pressure more concerned with qty :D

3. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

there are 2 styles of oil level sensor one for the atari units which is on when full and the xjs with standard style clusters have a switch that is off when full.
    this is a long list of the style you need

https://www.partzilla.com/product/y...?ref=21d473f819f4d37a6964719f717427b0add578a1

as far as an oil pressure switch nothing that would go into the level switch hole.
    you could pull a plug on the side of the head and install one there
    oilp.JPG

4. Minimutly

Minimutly Well-Known Member

You got an oil cooler? If so it's easy. If not more hassle than it's worth? My Kawasaki gt750 had a plug in the gallery ready for it, under one of the side covers.

5. Niall hicks

Niall hicks New Member

Thanks guys, I just want a oil light that goes out when started if the oil level is ok and on when not?

6. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member