1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Solenoid Issue?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Ace-Seca750, May 8, 2009.

  1. Ace-Seca750

    Ace-Seca750 New Member

    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Hey Everyone,

    I have a sick Yamaha Seca 750K I pulled it out of storage over the winter charged up the battery and went to start it heard a click then the power lights went off and nothing I checked the main fuse and its ok I think it may be the starter solenoid but was wondering if any of you wonderful people out there have had this problem or am I ?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to do the whole strip and sell since its still such a nice bike.

    Thanks,
    Mark...
     
  2. MN-Maxims

    MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

    Messages:
    3,067
    Likes Received:
    114
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Saint Paul, MN
    Check your battery witha volt meter. It should be at least 12.8 Volts just sitting. When you hit the start button check the reading and let us know so we can advise.

    MN
     
  3. wizard

    wizard Active Member

    Messages:
    5,282
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    DEVON ENGLAND
    Clean & re-fix all your terminals, i.e battery to ground, batt' to starter relay, relay to s-motor & battery terminals.
     

Share This Page