1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New steed in the stable

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by hogfiddles, Aug 31, 2010.

  1. hogfiddles

    hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    15,112
    Likes Received:
    5,355
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    near utica, new york
    I just brought home another XJ for the herd. I just picked up an 83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim. It runs, but does need a battery, and a fair bit of cosmetic reworking. A previous owner decided to make it a Midnight Blackout, I guess, and treated the bike with a liberal dose of spraycan flatblack. So, now it's time to start cleaning off the goldtone appointments and see what kind of magic I can work on this one. I'll put a pic in my gallery in the next day or so.

    Dave Fox
     
  2. hogfiddles

    hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    15,112
    Likes Received:
    5,355
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    near utica, new york
    I can't get it into the signature yet....but I just was able to obtain an xj650 turbo. It's a parts bike, missing parts, but it's gonna live again somehow........
     
  3. ManBot13

    ManBot13 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,592
    Likes Received:
    177
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Fairfax, VA
    How many parts did it come with? There are a lot of parts unique to the Turbo Seca...
     
  4. hogfiddles

    hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    15,112
    Likes Received:
    5,355
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    near utica, new york
    image.jpg
     
  5. hogfiddles

    hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    15,112
    Likes Received:
    5,355
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    near utica, new york
    Obviously I have another long-term project
     
  6. ManBot13

    ManBot13 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,592
    Likes Received:
    177
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Fairfax, VA
    That's it? :eek:

    At least here is original paint, badge and little scoopy things on the fairings (mine didn't come with those). Good luck. How many miles on it?
     
  7. hogfiddles

    hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    15,112
    Likes Received:
    5,355
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    near utica, new york
    25k, yup missing a few parts but it'll live again
     
  8. ecologito

    ecologito Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,054
    Likes Received:
    91
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    NASCAR Country, NC
    Does this mean that you now own every single seca model out there?

    What other year/model XJ do you not have in your collection?
     
  9. hogfiddles

    hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    15,112
    Likes Received:
    5,355
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    near utica, new york
    Yup,at least one of each Seca now. Various maxims and three X's, a couple vMax, several other bikes.....

    WHAT?!?! My signature is gone AGAIN?!?!? I just re- did it last night.....Aaagh.
     
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  10. quebecois59

    quebecois59 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    2,285
    Likes Received:
    114
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Waterloo, Quebec, Canada
    Dave, it is what you are that means,not what you have, lol
     
  11. Notoriusfastguy

    Notoriusfastguy Member

    Messages:
    88
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Texas
    Oh great! I lose again! And I thought buying all these bikes would make me a better person
     
  12. bigfitz52

    bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

    Messages:
    21,283
    Likes Received:
    420
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    Rural SE Michigan 60 miles N of Motown
    MAS* has nothing to do with your kharma; it's simply a disease. The symptoms can be controlled by a small garage. Dave has multiple barns. His case is terminal.

    *Motorcycle Acquisition Syndrome
     
    ecologito likes this.

Share This Page