1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Carbs for XJ 550

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by inet101, Jun 28, 2011.

  1. inet101

    inet101 Member

    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Need a couple of items if anyone has them.......

    Bike I am working on is a 1982 XJ 550 Seca

    Right outside carb body...( as yer sitting on the bike)....Can be bare stripped carb body. The one I have has the idle mix adjustment screw mashed into it so not really good for anything but parts..... :x

    Left outside carb float bowl.........same prob as above just on the drain screw. 8O

    Complete carb would be fine or complete rack ....all depends on what is about for grabs.

    Located in Northern Michigan

    inet102@gmail.com
    or
    inet101@streetfightercafe.info

    Thanks, Bart
     
  2. Hvnbnd

    Hvnbnd Active Member

    Messages:
    1,277
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    St. Johns, Arizona
    I'd start watching Fleabay until someone has a 550 that they are parting out and hit them up for carbs
     
  3. inet101

    inet101 Member

    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Been on the Bay pretty much daily for this project...Made out real well so far but no carbs......yet....tomorrow may be different....... Just thought a nuther forum member may have what I needed and keep the $s in the family so to speak......... :D
     
  4. Hvnbnd

    Hvnbnd Active Member

    Messages:
    1,277
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    St. Johns, Arizona
    I do have parts carbs for my XJ700N if they are the same I'd be willing to help out.
    The catch is you need to find out if they are the same as I dont kno
    w
     
  5. inet101

    inet101 Member

    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    6
    I think the 28 mm CVs are unique to the 550s.....Will research it a bit futher & drop you a note if the 700 carbs are a interchange....Thanks for the offer.............
     
  6. chacal

    chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

    Messages:
    9,391
    Likes Received:
    2,091
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    The room where it happened
    XJ550 and XJ700 carbs do not interchange at all.....the 550 carbs (BS28's) are unique.

    We should have a good used carb and bowl available.
     
  7. Hvnbnd

    Hvnbnd Active Member

    Messages:
    1,277
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    St. Johns, Arizona
    Thanks Len I was hoping you would get involved.
     
  8. inet101

    inet101 Member

    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Bingo!................Please drop a note if you do.... Have reviewed the parts catalog on the post/thread and already have a small (?) list going........The carb thing was a basic "Oh S@#t " thing....had not really gave them a look till the other night in between all the other return the 29 yr old bike to daily service chores.......
     
  9. inet101

    inet101 Member

    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Looks as tho we can close out this thread..............Thanks Len!........ :D
     

Share This Page