1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

YICS blocking tool

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by fakeplay, Mar 26, 2012.

  1. fakeplay

    fakeplay Member

    Messages:
    293
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Newburyport, MA
    Hi, How hot does that area of the engine get where the blocking tool is suppose to be inserted ? I've found some high-temp hose that will withstand 575 degrees, Just not sure if thats resistant enough. Thanks
    Anyone have an infared thermometer ?
     
  2. bigfitz52

    bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

    Messages:
    21,283
    Likes Received:
    420
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    Rural SE Michigan 60 miles N of Motown
    I suspect it gets a tad hotter than that. The YICS passages come out right behind the intake valves and air comes back up them from the intake ports where the valves are closed. I would guess that the YICS passage gets about as hot as the combustion chamber itself, or close to it. The combustion chamber temps in a typical 4-stroke internal combustion engine run 1500F~3000F according to WikiPedia. So going really conservative, I'd say 1000F? Inside the passage.
     
  3. Polock

    Polock Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    9,751
    Likes Received:
    2,101
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Beaver Falls, PA
    yeeooow, i dont think it gets that hot, those oil soaked rags wouldn't have a chance
    link
     
  4. fakeplay

    fakeplay Member

    Messages:
    293
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Newburyport, MA
    1000 ? then what the heck were those guys using as block off tubing ?
     
  5. tumbleweed_biff

    tumbleweed_biff Active Member

    Messages:
    1,259
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Gahanna Ohio
    I believe your 575 degree tubing will work.
     
  6. TIMEtoRIDE

    TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

    Messages:
    4,686
    Likes Received:
    11
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Clermont FL near Orlando
    I'm guesing lower -

    During a normal ColorTune session, with a fan running, at idle - 1,600 I would guess 375* F as a normal range and at 450 you would see and smell smoke.

    hey wait - I have a Laser Thermometer . . . (wait for it) :eek: :?:
     

Share This Page