1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New Profile Posts

1. Adkride88
    Adkride88 750MaximSeattle
    Saw the listings. I'm interested in the 650 wiring harness, throttle, throttle cable. If the 750 handlebar controls & rectifier are compatible with the 650... I'd be good for those too. Depending on the additional shipping cost, the headers for the 650 too.
  2. Oandelin
    Oandelin hogfiddles
    @hogfiddles, I saw you had some pairs of side panels for 82 xj750 maxim a couple years back. You wouldn't happen to still have any? Did the cardinal sin, lost the right side panel.
  3. Dwmadsen
    Dwmadsen SnoSheriff
    My attempt to post a technical question was denied because it was “spam like”.
  4. bronco.blues
    bronco.blues hogfiddles
    hello im jason i just picked up a 83 xj900 figured i would let you know vin #jya35h...0837 let me know if it has been accounted for, thanks
  5. ThePadraig
    ThePadraig hogfiddles
    Hello Hogfiddles. It was recommended to contact you about the rebuilding of my 1983 XJ650 carbs. I have them completely stripped down. I am across the border in southwestern Ontario vaguely close to Buffalo. Patrick
  6. reinaldo
    reinaldo
    Xj 750_1981
  7. Xjriderstevo
    Xjriderstevo SnoSheriff
    Hey, can you or do you know someone who can help me with finding carbs, thanks
    1. David Luttrell
      David Luttrell
      what is the problem w yours?
      Nov 8, 2021
  8. Xjriderstevo
    Xjriderstevo bigfitz52
    Just bought a 83 Yamaha 750 jya I’m thinking! I need help with how to find the right carbs! Sorry to bother I’m just lost on this!! Thanks!!
    1. Toomanybikes
      Toomanybikes
      All the Air cooled xj650/750 used the same carbs except for jets
      I have a few sets available if you need
      Nov 26, 2021
  9. Bigshankhank
    Bigshankhank
    Checking back in after a long hiatus. I put my 700 up on a table and now I need to get some carb parts from Len and get it back on the road.
  10. DADSGETNDOWN
    DADSGETNDOWN SnoSheriff
    Hi There SnoSheriff, I seen you have a sale on 1981 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim Clutch Basket, do you have any more ? mine is 1983, pretty sure all the xj550's are all the same. I really only need bushings, but apparently they don't exist.
  11. Aaron Filmer
    Aaron Filmer Ted
    Hey Ted are you still around ? I have a question about tour post using the Yamaha virago bar clamps on the stock 82 xj750 top triple tree plate. I wanted to know how it worked out for you? As I have been questioned by other members on the forum and being told that it will not work
  12. Circumpunk.t
    Circumpunk.t Cafe-XV750
    Hi I was wondering if you were still selling your rear to front wheel conversion kit? If so I'd be interested in purchasing one from you.
  13. robvoisea
    robvoisea bigfitz52
    Biggie-sorry to bug you - I have a 1981 X550 Seca -replaced shims according to factory specs and at 6000 rpm there is a clacking sound (sorry, can't describe any better), what am I missing? I really like this bike but this frustrates the living daylights out if me.
    Thank you for any guidance.
  14. Aaron Filmer
    Aaron Filmer 750MaximSeattle
    How much would the 650 gauge cluster be shipped to 12175? Thank you
  15. Britmotohead
    Britmotohead hogfiddles
    I have 2 XJ900RK bikes. One restored and another in process. Do you want their numbers for your database?
    I restored the first one in 2007 and sold it after finally getting the prime circuit cleared out. I just bought it back and I am having a little trouble getting the carbs to idle down properly. They are really close, just not quite right...
    Jeff
  16. rocketrodney1234
    rocketrodney1234 Alive
    I have same bike. even same colour. my question is does your bike use the black rubber plugs over the top of the pilot jet hoes (found in the fuel bowls of the Mikuni carburetors.) Some people on YouTube say they should be used or the bike will run too rich. But I think only Suzuki XS100 etc use them.
  17. Mark Wyzgala
    Mark Wyzgala Rooster53
    Rooster53, This is Mark Wyzgala and I've just posted a write-up of my 1982 Seca 750 Woes on the XJ technical Chat forum under "1982 Yamaha Seca 750 Loping Idle" Len Chacal told me to contact you and ask you to read the tale of woe and see if you have any ideas. Thanks Mark
  18. fiduccian
    fiduccian hogfiddles
    Hi hogfiddles, I was told you are very good at rebuilding carbs. Can you inbox me? I have an xj700x I am having an issue with getting them to work properly.
  19. John Roberts
    John Roberts Stumplifter
    any idea where I can get four needle and seats plus float bowl gaskets for Mikuni BS35 carbs for my 83 XJ900 Seca?
  20. robbie900
    robbie900
    I am in Virginia