1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

air box question please help the noobie

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Steve M., Jan 13, 2016.

  1. Steve M.

    Steve M. Member

    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Bedford co va
    I have just purchased a 1981xj 650 maxim basket case.
    every thing seems to be there except the air box and the carb to air box boots. it does have four pods I will not be using. my question is how specific to model /cc /year are these bikes,in other words what will fit if I can't find an exact match.thanks in advance, but be forwarded there will likely be more stupid questions in the near future
     
  2. XJ550H

    XJ550H Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    13,199
    Likes Received:
    3,869
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Great North Woods
  3. hogfiddles

    hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    15,112
    Likes Received:
    5,356
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    near utica, new york
    1980-1983 xj650 airbox

    -any of those years
    -any xj650 non- turbo models
     
  4. Steve M.

    Steve M. Member

    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Bedford co va
    Thanks guys I had a line on a 600 seca box, I guess that would have been to easy... the search continues
     
  5. hogfiddles

    hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    15,112
    Likes Received:
    5,356
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    near utica, new york
    Nope.... That would have been too hard......
     
  6. XJ550H

    XJ550H Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    13,199
    Likes Received:
    3,869
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Great North Woods
    i saw 4 on ebay before my first post 45 $ and down
     
  7. Steve M.

    Steve M. Member

    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Bedford co va
    Update found one on flebay with FREE shipping even....now I wait for the Brown truck.
     

Share This Page