1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Triumph Sprint ST

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by SpearChucker, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

I think this is a beautiful bike.

Triumph Trident OHV.jpg

2. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

3. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

SpearChucker likes this.
  4. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Look at the pipes on the original one Spearchucker looks like a four but it's a triple.

SpearChucker likes this.
  5. Andyam5

Andyam5 Member

Friend of mine is a Trumpet nut, he currently has a sprint and a rocket, he did have a daytona, all have been very reliable bikes. The sprint is his daily commuter and the rocket has been all over Europe
    Personally I like the new bobber

SpearChucker and Franz like this.
  6. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

The Rocket is the 2.3 litre in line triple. Have you tried any of the Triumphs? I have not but l like them.

7. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

My buddy had a Bonneville and traded for a Tiger Explorer last spring. He's drive than thing all over the west!

8. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Is that the on off road one?

9. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

I would call it an "adventure" bike, like the Yamaha Super Tenere

10. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Yes that is what they are called like some of the KTM machines too, they are quite popular now.

11. SpearChucker

SpearChucker Active Member

Those pipes look awesome, very strange how they put a Y in there and make it look like a four. Those are the Triumphs I remember as a kid.

A friend of mine has a Tiger and loves it. It’s a 955i like the sprint I’m looking at. He’s been on a bunch of long trips, 2,000+ kms, and swears by it’s reliability and power.
    I’m hoping to get the Sprint to use as my daily rider and put some effort into rebuilding the XJ. I’ve always loved that bike and I don’t want to do a half-assed job on it.
    BTW the dealer sent an email this morning offering to take another couple of hundred off the bike. It’s a beauty and I don’t want to wait too long. Might have to jump at it in the next couple of days.

12. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Quite right Spearchucker a few photographs of the bike when you get it would be great.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    SpearChucker likes this.
  13. SpearChucker

Looks like I'm heading down to get the Sprint on Monday. They open Tuesday and it's supposed to be 11 Celsius so I can take it for a ride before I fork over cash. I'll bring back up here on Wednesday and introduce it to the XJ.

Franz likes this.
  14. SpearChucker

Say hello to my little friend!
    I’d like to introduce you To Brother Seca’s sexy little Sister Sprint. She arrived home yesterday with proud poppa Chuck to meet momma Brenda and her bro. I’ve nicknamed her Venom coz she’s like my symbiote and she’s got one mean as F$&@ growl!
    The plan is for Brother Seca to undergo some much need upgrades, convalesce and return in tiptop condition (don’t worry I’m not giving up on my beautiful boy). He needs to be restored to his original handsome self. I’ll post some more pics a little later.
    C966BC9F-1396-4FCF-92ED-37401FB59C0D.jpeg D9FD3CE0-72FC-4930-9175-089BB66D128F.jpeg

kosel likes this.
  15. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Nice bike Spearchucker looks great.

SpearChucker likes this.
  16. SpearChucker

Thanks Franz. I'm not sure I'm keeping the auxiliary lights, but I'll wait until I'm riding her to decide. I nearly went over the handle bars the first time I hit the brakes. I thought the brakes on the XJ were strong but the dual four pots on this are incredible.
    Now I'm really looking forward to getting into the XJ and setting all right again.

Attached Files:

17. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Yes Spearchucker the brakes will be more powerful than the XJ, glad you didn't crash. You will be looking forward to getting a few miles on the Triumph now. If you want to post a few photographs of your progress on the XJ over the winter that would be great.

SpearChucker likes this.
  18. kerriskandiesinc

kerriskandiesinc Active Member

You can squeal the front, on the Sprint, lol....I sold my RS955i.....its half faired brother, two years ago......I DO miss it, great bike, watch the plugs for water ingress ( there's an 'updated' coil stick cover?) also, the wiring around the head/ignition area is TIGHT, can get pulled out of the ignition....< no, really, I re routed mine, somewhat, the swingarm bearings need to be greased , along with the mono shock linkages......they come almost dry from the factory,, other than that, my RS never missed a beat.......great torque, she'd pull from 20MPH in 6th all the way to 152 (GPS) and still get 52+ MPG if needed !! ( You could download engine Tunes, to the ECU with a laptop and a USB cable, TuneECU was the site, if I remember......I did a 'Massive Midrange ' Tune which greatly improved the 'midrange' torque curve!!) DON'T try to tighten or re torque the engine/frame bolts, you need a special tool, and shims or the frame can be cracked!!)