1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Added led low voltage lights to spot light cecuit

Discussion in 'Test Zone' started by Tim morris, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Tim morris

Tim morris Active Member Premium Member

all was till night check I grounde them together to frame and ran power to driving lamp. The to light started it up all worked until I tried the night . Lights then they dimbed . Iireved it was OK then out of blew for no reason batt light flashed on and I shut it off in disgust hlpe I didn't blow up something tomrriw ill check my fuess lol praying

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Did you keep the stock fog light in that circuit?
    If so then you will be lucky if the fuse blew.

I recommend using a seperate switch that controls a relay for any additional lights. If you really want to only have stock switches, then you'll need to wire things so that the stock switch controls a relay for your aux lights. I'd do that even if you take the stock fog light out of the equation.

Tim morris likes this.
  3. Tim morris

Lol ya just a low amp fuse I stepped it up 5 and no more problems. But i often use an added relay as you describe to bikes and any system' as not to overload .anything and pull power directly from battery to run high amp horns and such .thAnks

4. k-moe

I dearly hope that an electrical fire does not result. Fuses have ratings for a purpose, and going higher is a dangerous game.

5. Tim morris

I miss spoke the fuse was wrong for that circuit it was a 15 ware a 20 was supposed to be :)

6. k-moe

The Seca750 utilizes one 30 amp fuse for the main, and 10 amp fuses for all other circuits at the main fuse box. You still have something wrong if it takes a 20 to keep a fuse from blowing.