1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

INTRO

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by JIMMYD, Feb 28, 2009.

  1. JIMMYD

    JIMMYD New Member

    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Hello,from N Alabama.Boy am I glad I found this site! I've been playing around with some bikes for alittle while now,and My recent purchase is a 1985 XJ 700 maxim.Seems I'm gonna be needing some helps on parts and tuning.My recent projects have been a 1978 suzuki gs550..1980 kaw 750 twin,,,1999 kaw 800,which are all gone now.I chose the xj700 for it's size mainly,and the fact that it feels like the older bikes I had growing up.I'm at 5' 8" about 170 pounds.I hope I will be able to get it road worthy and be able to find parts and cutomize from time to time.I usually dont ride very far.So far not much more than 150 mile trip.mostly small rides around the community.I'll try to attach some pictures of my bikes. :D
     
  2. sushi_biker

    sushi_biker Member

    Messages:
    576
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Maryland
    Good to see you. Chacal is our parts guy. Just PM him for what you need.
     
  3. bill

    bill Active Member

    Messages:
    2,813
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    Raleigh, NC
    Welcome and congrats on your new to you bike. All the needed parts are available, some optional stuff is hard to find but not required. Any questions just post them up there is a lot of good information and advice on the site.
     
  4. organizedinsanity

    organizedinsanity Member

    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    What part of n Al do you live in? I am from huntsville. Its nice to see another local enthusiast.
     
  5. xj650ss

    xj650ss Member

    Messages:
    588
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Calgary, Alberta
    Welcome to the site can't wait to see pic's
    Shaun
     
  6. JIMMYD

    JIMMYD New Member

    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I live in Priceville,just across the river,born and raised here in the cultivated country.I cant get enough of this old bike stuff the last year and a half or so.Dont get to Huntsville much,we try to go to Guntersville a few times a year.Wer'e members over at Little Mountain Resort for about 9 years now.Here lately we spend our spare time goin to Nashville to see our first grandson.My son lives there and is a camera man for a lot of events there. This spring will be his third tour with Kenny Chesney on the road,Yea!we get backstage passes! Some pretty mountain land over in Huntsville. My roots on my Daddy's side are from New Hope.Thanks for the nice welcome folks.JimmyD
     

    Attached Files:

  7. ktcubed

    ktcubed Member

    Messages:
    594
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    St. Augustine, FL
    I so like the lines on the maxims.
     
  8. JIMMYD

    JIMMYD New Member

    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Thanks,Sushi Biker.Chacal got right on top of my parts problem! I was getting a little worried.I've got to start a notebook on what I can interchange and stuff.I better start right away! Wanna be ready to tune this bike when the pretty days arrive.It's snowing in the south today!
     

Share This Page