1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

If you're looking for the answer to spoked wheels

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by coachholland, Jun 4, 2009.

  1. coachholland

    coachholland Member

    Messages:
    199
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Georgetown, KY
    I saw there was a lot of interest a while back, but the guy who did it disappeared and spoke in very broken English. This guy may have the answer.

    http://lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/1201296148.html

    He is partially though a bobber project and I noticed he swapped out the wheels for spokes. I emailed him about these forums, but haven't received a reply yet. If you want to give it a shot, he may be able to point you in the right direction.
     
  2. bigfitz52

    bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

    Messages:
    21,283
    Likes Received:
    420
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    Rural SE Michigan 60 miles N of Motown
    his "bobber" is an XJ400; I don't know if I would try to put the BHP from a 550 let alone a 650 or 750 through that (chain drive) rear hub.

    I don't thin' this guy has the answer.
     
  3. kevineleven

    kevineleven Member

    Messages:
    799
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Spokes from a XV (Virago) are a direct bolt up. They are shaftys also, but very few and far between on ebay. Relatively expensive when found too.
     
  4. ZaGhost

    ZaGhost Member

    Messages:
    960
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    An XS 400, and a SOHC one at that, came stock with spokes....
     
  5. coachholland

    coachholland Member

    Messages:
    199
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Georgetown, KY
    *stands corrected* :)
     
  6. KrS14

    KrS14 Active Member

    Messages:
    1,642
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    St Marys, Ontario
    That's definitely a XS400 DOHC, you can see the little black oil seal half circle things on the cam cover.
     
  7. Ltdave

    Ltdave Member

    Messages:
    997
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    as far east as you can get in michigan 43.027407,
    any idea about the cast 'mags' from a vx?

    i love the straight 'spoke' look of those wheels so much more than the swirlys...
     

Share This Page