1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Sweet-looking instrument cluster

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Chorca, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Chorca

Chorca Member

Was lookin' around on YouTube and found a pretty darn cool looking instrument cluster by a company named Koso.

[​IMG]

And a more compact version:

[​IMG]

These things look really cool and have enough features! Here's a couple videos of the startup sequence and running...

Koso RX 2 Video

Koso RX 2n Startup Video

The company website is at http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/ and it looks like you can buy from them too. There's a couple on ebay, and the company also sells a *lot* of other styles of gauges.

2. Ltdave

Ltdave Member

as far east as you can get in michigan 43.027407,
    yep seen them...

pricey. in the $350-$400 range...

i do like them though...

3. Thorlief

Thorlief New Member

Damn... pretty nice lookin! I think they would be out of place on my maxim though...

4. Chorca

Chorca Member

Well one of the other things they have is older-style rounded gauges with digital insides.. some bits for converting harleys to digital, which might be useful..

5. alaskazzr

alaskazzr Member

Did they mention how they were interpolating the data from various bikes? This looks like something that would look at home on my TL, but I know that there are a lot of data stream issues with swapping gauges.

6. Chorca

Chorca Member

If you mean how they're getting the data, there's a variety of sensors that they use. wire coil around one of the spark wires for RPM, hookup to the speedo cable for speed, and several others. They're all listed in the manual on that website.