1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New Seca owner

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by fizgig, Jul 13, 2010.

1. fizgig

fizgig New Member

Hi folks! I'm a new rider and my first bike is this 82 Seca 650 that a friend of a friend sold me cheap.

I reinstalled the airbox (previous owner removed it), replaced the throttle cable (bike was revving out without any input), replaced the battery, and replaced the rear tire with a new Bridgestone Spitfire since the old one was...old. The front had been replaced recently. I'll need to change the oil soon, and replace a few more worn parts. She's still got a ways to go before being a looker but at least she's road ready. :)

On top of that, I took the ABATE Basic Riders Course, and picked up a helmet, gloves, riding jacket, and back protector, under the advice of a wise mentor.

Looking forward to learning more about riding, scrounging for parts and getting my hands dirty (more).

Attached Files:

2. schooter

schooter Active Member

that bikes a beauty! do us all a favor and check the rear brake for delamination, we dont want you to have to put your gear to the test

3. Raven

Raven Member

Lookin' sharp fiz :) My Seca is my first bike too...loving every mile of it.

A 650 just like yours started showing up in my parking lot (car park for you crazy UK folks :wink: ) at work; it's fun seeing two old silver Yamahas in one place.

4. Orange-n-Black

Orange-n-Black Well-Known Member

Welcome, nice looking bike.

5. skills4lou

skills4lou Member

Nice lookin' bike! Welcome to the site.

6. BillB

BillB Active Member

It's a good 1