1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Raven's XJ750 Seca - a resurrection story

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Raven, May 11, 2010.

1. zap2504

zap2504 Member

A couple more detail questions:
    You said you used an XS right-hand control because the MC adjustment did not clear the XJ750 controls - 650/750/850/1100?
    What MC did you use - it looks brand new?
    Looks like you used a chrome superbike-bend handlebar, correct?

2. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

Very nice looking rebuild. Maybe the a$$hat who did the hit and run did you a favor in the long run. Sure is pretty.

Is your buddy at 100%

Did they ever catch the guy who caused the wreck?

Loren

3. WesleyJN1975

WesleyJN1975 Member

You did a tremendous job bro! I hope they caught the a$$clown who hit the bike while your friend was riding it. How is your friend doing now?

4. Raven

Raven Member

Thanks guys :)

My buddy is doing a lot better; his hand is now OK, though his knee is still a little stiff from time to time. Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, they haven't found the SUV driver. Though, my buddy, card-carrying conceal and carry holder, often wonders what would happen should he find the person... :roll:

@zap: The controls were from an XS650, though the ones on my XS1100 look exactly the same (same part used on most XS' from that time frame...?). The MC was new from MikesXS, their large bore one. And you're correct on the bars; superbike-bend chrome.

5. ZaGhost

ZaGhost Member

Nice job, love the color....... if I can get that 900, a silver/black colorscheme may be the ticket.....

6. xulf13

xulf13 Member

Raven,
    Congrats on an awsome job. I have been away for a while while playing with my 73 TX (XS) 650.
    Your bike is looking great, better than mine in my Opinion. I am redoing mine at the moment. Not much, just updating some stuff. I'm also going to be changing the fork oil for something heavier. Once I went to stainless steel lines, I also noticed the increased response. Thanks for the tip on the LED white light for our gauges a tip i learned from YOU.

Eddie

7. koolaid5

koolaid5 Member

I DO like those signals. Where did you get them at?

8. Raven

Raven Member

^koolaid, I got them off of eBay. Just search for "billet turn signals" and some auctions like them should pop up. I saw in your build thread you were looking for signals, I was gonna suggest these for ya.

The bulbs that come with the signals are dual filament, so if you're keeping the stock setup (no running lights), you might have to A) get different bulbs, because the stock resistance doesn't let the relay flash, it just stays on as if the signal's burned out, B) wire in a resistor, or C) wire in both filaments together (I did C).

9. xulf13

xulf13 Member

Or you could just splice one set of wires tot eh running lights and get a electronic flasher for $5 bucks and Voila , You have running and flashing signals.

10. zap2504

zap2504 Member

...except these are amber bulbs with clear covers - not legal as rear running lights in PA (need to be red). I know - I just got a set due to Raven's build. :wink:

11. natesonic

natesonic New Member

Gorgeous work! Your bike is flat-out stunning with the new paint and the slicked-up light/cockpit.

I just bought an '84 750 Seca, and will probably end up making similar cockpit modifications.

I've poked around a bit, and found nothing; any suggestions on where I might look for headlight mounts like those?

12. Raven

Raven Member

Thanks Nate!

The headlight mounts, I found on eBay, like this: LINK

13. poprider

poprider Member

Nice job man, you turned the seca into the bike it always should have looked like!

Get some different mirrors!

14. todddesignr

todddesignr New Member

Just came across your post, as I want to replace the stock headlights on my Maxim XJ750. Just a couple of questions: What store did you purchase the headlight mounts from on ebay? What did you pull those engine guards off of? Those were perfect.

Thanks for your help
    Todd

15. Raven

Raven Member

@poprider: Thanks man...I did end up getting some Rizoma knock-off bar end mirrors, they look much, much better.

@todd, I did a quick search on my eBay history, I don't know who the seller is. If you do a search for "cafe headlight mount", you'll probably find a set just like it. The engine guards were from, I believe, a touring package for the Seca. I got mine from a local bike boneyard, but here's someone on eBay selling a NOS pair with the same set: eBay Link

16. AirdaleAherns

AirdaleAherns Member

Wow I know im bumping a old thread but you did a awesome job on that bike!