1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ 600 Seca 2 - Stripping it down and stylizing

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by HazMatt85, Oct 13, 2010.

1. HazMatt85

HazMatt85 New Member

I purchased this xj600 Seca 2 from a guy in a trailer park for $400, in Feb 2010. After putting another $400 into it, I got it running, and I've been tuning it ever since. I'd like to begin stripping it down and taking all the plastic off and start modifying it a bit, and seeing how far I can stray from the original look. I'd like to start by getting a new (round) headlight and a new speedometer and tachometer that looks good standalone. Any suggestions on where to get this stuff?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Raven

Raven Member

Building one of these up could be really cool...

When I collected parts for my bike, it was an assortment of:
    chacal (member on this forum)
    eBay
    MikesXS

How far are you planning on "straying" from the original look (i.e., how far are you willing to go...just bolt-on-type-stuff, or chopping the frame, fiberglass, etc.)?

3. zap2504

zap2504 Member

I guess it depends on where you want to end up. Give us a clue as to the end goal and we can chime in with ideas.
    (BTW - I might be interested in your OEM exhaust if that's on its way out)

4. Cmccully04

Cmccully04 Member

I dont beleive this would be a good bike to stray away from. but hey what the fock do I know. this bike just seems to crotch rocket stream lined, to make a good bob/chop bike out of.

5. streetbrawler750

streetbrawler750 Member

looks like a good starting point for a street fighter, check thechopperunderground.com, a guy did one up there.

6. Raven

Raven Member

I agree fully, a bob would look rediculous. However, streetfighter style? For sure. I'd keep it simple, strip it down to a naked bike, updating/modernizing along the way (brakes, headlight, etc.) and styling (paint, seat) to taste.

7. jonrms

jonrms Member

that diversion is a great bike... shame about the power on them.... they handle excellent but as I said there is a lack of power... after 100 they just dont want to go...