1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

rat bike on a budget

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by ifonly2005, Jun 18, 2011.

1. ifonly2005

ifonly2005 Member

Lol. Appreciate theadvice but the skulls are me. Ieven have the skull seat as a tattoo.

2. Bomonghani

Bomonghani Member

How is it that everyone seems to be missing the most important thing here? IT HAS A FRICKEN CUP HOLDER! How awesome is that?!?
    Now all we gotta do is get ya an extra long straw... Hrm... And maybe a small water pump... Wouldn't want you sucking yourself lightheaded before ya got your drink! :lol:

3. HirsuitHeathen

HirsuitHeathen Member

I like the rear fender. What did you get that off of? Nice build b.t.w. ifonly2005. I'm slowing getting my murdercycle to my liking as well. I plan on shaving my turn signals off and figuring out how to hook up my new side plate/tail light.

P.S. the cup holder...it's the pièce de résistance!

- Matt

4. ifonly2005

ifonly2005 Member

Lol. Thanks guys. Fenders an old sportster fender... side mount plate was an ebay item with a trailer stoplight ... and cup holders a rubber suage piece with 3 inch pvc cap both from lowes

5. Raven

Raven Member

Just found this thread...I love it! And I'm jealous of the cup holder. I've seen someone mount a bike water bottle holder, but yours is a ratty twist, it's awesome.

Good move on remounting your box of wiring.

My $.02, those grips are way too nice. Consider some light colored hockey tape? Visually, could match up with the exhaust wrap too.

Keep it goin'!

6. ifonly2005

ifonly2005 Member

Not a bad idea. Thosewere the first grips I put on 5 years ago. I'm looken to do apes on her but need to find all new cables first. Seems to be a royal pain in the arse to find

7. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

I used a bicycle bar wrap. Then electrical taped in on. But I see nothing wrong with using those grips.

My make shift grips.
    [​IMG]

Sweet budget build!

8. carbineken

carbineken Member

Nice build. Way too much shiny stuff on there to be a rat yet. lol! Here's my '82 from when she was ratty. Used an old electrical box to hide the wires and mounted those lights to the lid.

[​IMG]

9. ifonly2005

ifonly2005 Member

I know there's. Too much chrome.. but remember... its on a budget... and its gone from stock to this in. 3 months. Wewill get there someday :)

10. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

Shine has nothing to do with it being a rat bike it not. It is all about the budget. Building a bike, or maintaining the bike for little to nothing what makes a rat bike what it is. This is Def a rat bike.

Although my bike is a bit more clean than a typical rat it is still a rat bike. People always tell me how awesome my bike is, but I tell them that they are wrong it is indeed a pos. It still gets me from point a to b every day. Just keep up the oil, tires, and brakes, and enjoy riding it.

11. ifonly2005

ifonly2005 Member

I agree. I. Felt after 31 years it was either fully restore or rat out.... opened my wallet and.. well you can figure it out. Lol. I got an 82 I want to do the same thing to and sell... but no money

12. Militant_Buddhist

Militant_Buddhist Member

for sure. my miles of enjoyment to cash spent ratio is awful dang good.

13. waldo

waldo Member

Actuall what I said was your bike is a hunk of s**t to a Rat Biker thats a compliment as far as being unsafe Im not the only one that thought that, I see you moved the shocks from that weak spot you mounted them to. Now about mounting the muffler to the swing arm...

14. HirsuitHeathen

HirsuitHeathen Member

Good stuff.