1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

83 seca 400?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by m0pp3ry, Mar 20, 2007.

  1. m0pp3ry

    m0pp3ry Member

    Messages:
    159
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    dexter, ny-13634
    anybody know anything bout an 83 seca 400.
    i saw one for sale online with out pics. any info on this type of bike good or bad? does anyone have pics of one
    thank you
     
  2. Russxlr8s

    Russxlr8s Member

    Messages:
    141
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Phoenix, Az
  3. mhhpartner

    mhhpartner Member

    Messages:
    263
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Louisiana, USA
    mopp3ry:

    I have an '82 Seca 400 and love it for commuting. Comfortable, good-handling, fairly economical, and simple enough to do your own maintenance and repairs.

    Being a 400 twin, it obviously won't keep up with the larger bikes, but it does everything I want it to, and from 6000 - 10000 rpm, it sings a nice song.

    mhhpartner
     
  4. gb6491

    gb6491 New Member

    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Tustin
    I had had an 82 when they came out. Very good bike, could run with my buddy's 650 Classic. I put a small faring on it and rode from Havelock NC (near the coast) to Denver CO. and back. Did a trip to Memphis on it from Havelock as well. Lot of trips to Columbus Ohio and the bike was always flawless. It always got better mileage with shell gasoline and had real good range on that 5 something gallon gas tank.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [​IMG]
     
  5. mhhpartner

    mhhpartner Member

    Messages:
    263
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Louisiana, USA
    GB:

    Do you remember what brand your fairing was?

    I'm looking for one to help with the wind blast and helmet noise on my little Seca.

    Thanks-
    MHHPartner
     

Share This Page