1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

After 31 Years...........It's Over!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by RangerG, Jul 4, 2012.

1. RangerG

RangerG Member

My son says I should chrome the front fender! :lol: Haven't had time to look at the Seca but I did get a trip in with the FZ. The old bike still rates pretty high as far as comfort. The FZ puts more weight and pressure on the arms.

The five valve engine in the FZ is a development of the Maxim X engine as far as I can see. Still a lot of XJ DNA present.

The Retro kit is a tribute to Yamaha's 50 years in Moto GP. The 2012 R1, R6 and Canadian FZ 8 all have very similar paint schemes (including red front fenders).

2. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

These aren't stepsons. (You can't kill stepsons.)

He's my kid. If he wrecks the XJ I'll wait until he gets out of IC and then kill him.

In my case, and I suspect in Ranger's; the kid still lives here. So the XJ lives in the same garage.

Plus, my "other bike" is my '83 550 Seca. And the Norton, and a 650 Seca yet to be roadworthy.

I'll be happy if he doesn't hurt himself. I have plenty of spare parts.

3. RonWagner

RonWagner Member

Those bikes look awsome together. Bikes are like people, they having some company. For what it is worth, a white fender would be a nice touch. Happy biking.