1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

HSC32 Carb Question

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by dzjenky, May 1, 2014.

1. dzjenky

dzjenky New Member

Okay, after cleaning my carbs and replacing my throttle shaft seals, I'm at the daunting task of putting them back together, which I'm pretty sure I've done correctly, except for one extremely confusing and frustrating part. I have one leftover lock washer.

It's the little one in the photos. http://imgur.com/a/1ZtIK

I'm pretty sure it came from carb #2, but it could be carb #3 also. However, it doesn't seem to fit on anything and there only seems to be 1. There isn't anything else like it.

Also, another question, how tight am I supposed to make those 12mm nuts? I can tighten them down so hard, that even I can't force the butterflies open. I tightened them as much as I could with the spring still being able to close the butterfly, but they seem kind of loose.

2. rocs82650

rocs82650 Well-Known Member

the only single lock washer showing in the manual is the one fitted with the enrichment circuit bracket screw that goes into the cold start shaft.

3. dzjenky

dzjenky New Member

I don't really understand what you wrote. I'm not most technically skilled person when it comes to working on bikes.

It sounds like I'm on the wrong track about where it goes and that it's not part of the carburetor.

However, I don't know what the enrichment circuit bracket is or the cold start shaft.

4. rocs82650

rocs82650 Well-Known Member

do you have a manual? it might be easier for me to tell you where in the manual I'm getting this information.

5. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

Have a look at this file and see if anything there gives you an idea.

Replacing the Hitachi throttle shaft seals

6. dzjenky

dzjenky New Member

Yeah, actually, that's the guide I've been using to do it.

I don't have a manual, do you know were I could find one?

7. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

HCP2185 OEM throttle shaft end bracket retaining nut LOCKWASHER, use 1 per shaft on both the #2 and the #3 carbs. Made from 18/8 stainless steel and has a bright finish.

8. dzjenky

dzjenky New Member

Hey Chacal, I already have lockwashers on the #2 and #3 carbs. This is a 3rd lockwasher that I'm not sure what it goes to.

It was in the tray for parts in the #2 carb I think. However, it may have been in the #3 tray, but I'm thinking it was #2.

9. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell:

I think the larger one belongs with a Screw from the back-side of the rack. Holding the body to the brace.

The small one is probably a Hat of Bowl lock washer.