1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Some of my previous steeds from a Harley to a Honda MB5

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by fatnfast, Jul 16, 2014.

1. fatnfast

fatnfast Member

Just going through my photobucket account and thought I would share some of my recent bike history with you guys :D

First up a little Honda MB5. In the UK these were restricted to 30mph. Good old ebay meant I was able to obtain all the parts from the US to give her a top speed of 50+mph.
    [​IMG]

My Kwak ZRX1100. This was a beast. It had ZZR1100 Cams, pods, full Akropovic exhaust and a bespoke steering damper fitted to calm the wobbles on full acceleration. Dynoed at just shy of 130bhp at the rear wheel. Lame by modern standards, but more than enough I suspect for most :lol:

[​IMG]

My 96 Harley Sportster Sport. Good fun until you came to corners! AP Racing bespoke brakes helped and it sounded great with the 2-1 exhaust.

[​IMG]

BMW R1100S Boxer Cup Replica. A really nice bike to ride and I think to colour scheme looks great. A regrettable sale last year due to lack of garage space.

[​IMG]

Honda MT5. Imported from Switzerland, this is the off road version of the MB5. One of these was the first geared bike I rode on the road. I was only 15 at the time, so not legal to do this....

[​IMG]

BMW R1150GS. Still got this one. Had it from new and it felt real 'strange' after years on Fireblades and the like. Crappy pic as it was taken from an 8mm video cam. Digital cameras were real expensive 14 years ago!

[​IMG]

Honda PX50. Cheap impulse buy. Horrible thing!
    [​IMG]

Yam RD250LC. This is not me riding it! It was borrowed by a UK magazine for an article a couple of years back. Still got this one 8)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Honda XL250 Motosport. Nice bike this one, I think they really capture 70's cool.
    [​IMG]

And finally a shot of my 'Chromer' mates RD LC. He even chromed the carb bodies!
    [​IMG]

2. bmarzka

bmarzka Active Member

The MB-5 looks fun as hell for terrorizing the neighborhood. The RD250LC for terrorizing the interstates. I'm jealous.

3. Bushy

Bushy Active Member

The 250 Motosport looks great, do you get out on it much. I used to have one but foolishly gave it to a mate a long time ago .. wish I still had it, a decent one these days is getting a bit too pricey for me.

4. fatnfast

fatnfast Member

Unfortunately I sold the motosport last year to raise funds for other projects/bikes. It only got used on gentle tracks, but went well enough. I know what you mean about prices, Its the only bike I have ever made a profit on when I sold it!

5. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Gee, the color scheme on the RD-LC looks strangely familiar...

[​IMG]