1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Coty, Jan 16, 2016.

  1. Coty

    Coty Member

    Messages:
    99
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Frisco city, Alabama
    I recently got a Suzuki 800 intruder. For some reason it is not firing and I find it hard to believe that both coil packs have gone out on it. They 2 wire going in to it are hot but no spark coming from the plug wire. Can anyone help me out?
     
  2. Steve M.

    Steve M. Member

    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Bedford co va
    Not really up on Suzuki but if you have no spark at all I would doubt both coil packs quit at the same time.Im going on the assumption it was running and shut off on you.if it were me I would check that you have voltage going to the coil when you are cranking the motor. if you lose voltage when the starter kicks in it's probably a sensor.kick stand sensor on a kawi will do that of course the CDI or ignitor can do that too.really to be more helpful some more info is needed was it running and stopped? is it a bobber with a chopped up wiring harness? Im no expert but tell me a little more and I will help if I can...
     
  3. Coty

    Coty Member

    Messages:
    99
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Frisco city, Alabama
    I knew I posted this somewhere! I got it up and running. It had been sitting for 2 years and turned out it was the battery.
     
  4. Steve M.

    Steve M. Member

    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Bedford co va
    Glad to hear that...cuz walking is tiresome
     
  5. k-moe

    k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    19,697
    Likes Received:
    6,787
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    The City of Seven Hills
    It's almost always the battery.
     
    quebecois59 and Coty like this.

Share This Page