1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Has this happen to you?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by lostboy, Sep 2, 2007.

  1. lostboy

    lostboy Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,225
    Likes Received:
    325
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
    I was leaving a set of stop lights, put my left foot on the peg and started to upshift. I then noticed I could not move my foot off the peg!! 8O My boot lace loop was caught on the shifter lever. I tried to free my lace from the lever with no luck. I bet the cars behined me are wondering what the hell I'm doing . I was able to find a wide driveway to pull into . Made shure to puy my right foot down first. Retied my boot with a smaller loop and finished my ride. Got lost later but thats another story.
     
  2. thefox

    thefox Member

    Messages:
    244
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Central NY (@ college in W. PA)
    Yeah, normally if that happens to me it is when I am trying to put my foot down at a stop sign though, a little scary. Always tuck in those laces!
     
  3. RangerG

    RangerG Member

    Messages:
    642
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Lloydminster, Saskatchewan
    Been there, done that! I try to ride with boots now, but when I take a quick spin in my runners, the laces have little bows in them.
     
  4. Big_Ross

    Big_Ross Member

    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Australia
    I must confess this has happened to me several times, but my wild, panic-stricken actions have always managed to untie, dislodge, or break the lace. Back in the early seventies, when "flares" were all the rage, I once got a kick start stuck up my trouser leg! I managed to keep rolling until I could make the bike fall to the other side and my free leg, but I'm sure it was much funnier for the spectators than for me! (Has anyone else noticed that you are never alone when things like this happen?)
     
  5. Gamuru

    Gamuru Guest

    Messages:
    1,275
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Granite Falls, WA
    The first time I dropped my bike I had just come to a stop. I now know what led me to drop the bike, but at the time I was a new rider. I was setting the bike to make a hard right-hand turn and when I stopped so I had the handlebars cranked right. When I put my right foot down first (oops), I happened to step on a round rock. At the same time, I was looking left for traffic. To recap, I had the wrong foot down, looking left instead of straight ahead, and had the bars cranked to one side. Needless to say, I did everything WRONG! Next thing I knew, my bike decided it didn't like the way I was treating her and threw me to the ground. When I stood back up, I looked behind me to see a line of cars and trucks about fifteen deep. There I was, bruised ego, fuel fouled (me and the bike), trying to lift that 450 pound monster back on her feet.

    All I got to say is thank god for full-faced helmets! I must of turned twenty shades of red in three seconds flat. :oops:
     
  6. schmuckaholic

    schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    2,260
    Likes Received:
    42
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    California
    Yes... it sure has. Pisses me off no end.

    Try getting a cheap pair of shoes with velcro straps instead of laces. No more hooking the laces around the shift lever!
     
  7. Robert

    Robert Active Member

    Messages:
    7,479
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Ventura CA
    Best avoid laces when riding period. Cheap shoes are not the answer either (though they do eliminate the problem). Nothing tops a quality pair of boots.
    My dad had his chain grab his laces twice, 'bout killed him too. Military issue combat boots that he had a lace get loose on. Just not a good idea riding with laces.
     

Share This Page