1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New to XJ Bikes

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Scarbo, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Scarbo

Scarbo New Member

Hi folks. My name is Al. I live in Jackson, Mississippi. I own a 1985 Yamaha Maxim XJ 700. I bought this bike in Jackson, Michigan in 1988 and drove it home to MS. It's been a great bike and a lot of fun, but unfortunately it has not run for a few years. So, now that I have the time, I'm working on it to try to get it running again. I'm sure I'll get a lot of good information on this site. It's good to see so many people still interested in these old Yamaha's. I'll post a picture of it when I can.

2. ecologito

ecologito Well-Known Member

Welcome, I am sure you will find all the info and parts you need on this site.

Stumplifter likes this.
  3. Stumplifter

Stumplifter Well-Known Member

I believe you have to post 5 times before you can upload a picture . . . can't wait to see it.

Changing fluids, checking/ rebuilding brakes (front AND rear), checking valve clearances and tire date codes should be near the top of your list for recommissioning this fine bike.

Welcome to the camp!

4. Scarbo

Scarbo New Member

Thanks Stumplifter. Good advice.