1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJCD idiotic question

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by wifflebat, May 1, 2017.

1. wifflebat

wifflebat New Member

Hi all
    My XJ650K Maxim barn find project has sat in the garage for a year without a chance to get started and, now the Northern Irish weather is half thinking about summer and I have a little bit of time (sort of), I'm beginning to think about getting it going.
    I have a Haynes manual but, with no joy finding a LIT-11616-XJ-60 manual I was going to buy the XJCD from xjcd.org

...erm... how do I do that?

I can't find an 'add to basket' button or anything. Is the site still going?!
    In my defence I am doing all this search on my phone and my eyes aren't getting any younger.
    Sorry for the daft question!

2. Lightcs1776

Lightcs1776 Active Member

Nothing wrong with the question. I am haven't used their site, so I can't help you with it. However, there are both online and paper manuals that can be purchased at a very reasonable price. Also, folks here will answer just about any question you may have. Check out the following threads for some basic maintenance that will need to be done to have a safe ride.

http://xjbikes.com/forums/threads/safety-alert-drum-rear-brake-bike-owners-please-take-a-look.15874/

http://www.xjbikes.com/forums/threads/in-the-church-of-clean.14692/

http://www.xjbikes.com/forums/threads/the-information-overload-hour.27544/

Stumplifter likes this.
  3. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

would the xj650 g manual be of any help to you?

4. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

Just went there, and you're right -- the "ordering information" link on the right defaults back to the main page. IIRC, that would pop up a screen with mailing addresses to send the money to. (They didn't do online payment processing). The "contact" link works, so perhaps you could try that.

Worst case scenario, if they're not distributing any more, perhaps someone on here could make images of the discs they have and lob them in your direction.

Welcome to my world. :(

5. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

it all sends you to where you have to send an email so click contact and send an email to see how to join and get the cd

6. wifflebat

wifflebat New Member

Thanks all.
    I've also found an original on eBay but shipping is 30USD+
    Thanks @XJ550H for the offer but I'll see what I manage to turn up in the next day or 3 to see if I can locate the right version...I'm easily confused!

7. Dadoseven

Dadoseven Active Member

I think if you become a member (FREE), the manuals are available for viewing on site at no charge. Maybe these aren't what you are looking for. Check the link on the right side of the page: Service Manuals

wifflebat and REUBEN like this.