1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Anyone know how to fix the photo bucket error??

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by RileyK, Mar 30, 2018.

1. RileyK

RileyK New Member

Ive noticed on lots of the old and and good informative threads the pictures are locked up. Does anyone know how to fix this or if there is a solution because most of the threads like valves, fork rebuilds and what not you cannot see the pictures and it makes them not so great.. Thanks!

2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

A quick Google search brings you several different links for extensions for your web browser.

RileyK likes this.
  3. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

yes use the Chrome broswer install the latest photobucket extension I can see all the photos.

RileyK likes this.
  4. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

It is not an error. It is a change in Photobucket policy. No third party hosting without them being paid.
    Photobucket found out about the Chrome fix, and as far as I know it no longer works.

RileyK likes this.
  5. XJ550H

chrome updated the fix and it works again

RileyK and k-moe like this.
  6. RileyK

RileyK New Member

Thanks for the replies! I will try that out.

7. Maxim-X

Maxim-X Well-Known Member

So can you give an example of how the fix works? I see the extension but don't know how to use it. Do I have to sign into my Photobucket account and use the extension , or do I click on a picture on this forum and do the "Open with" option.

8. XJ550H

click the 3 dots on the chrome browser upper right. then put cursor on more tools. select extensions

you will see this
    Photobucket Embedded Image Fix
    This extension fixes nuked Photobucket pictures.

or a list of extensions you can select pick photo bucket then it will install.

whenthis first happend there was an extension then I lost photos and had to load the newest extension.

if you see a page that is important to you on this site you can print it as a pdf and save it to folders on your computer and it will retain all photos no mater what photobucket does or you can save the page into your computer folders

9. corey manshack

corey manshack Member

We should probably fix the images little by little and self host them here starting with the most popular threads.

10. Chitwood

Chitwood Well-Known Member

Hogfiddles has started doing this and has been able to resurrect some of big fitz's threads including the pictures. It just takes time, permission, and I'm sure some amount of money. While it doesn't cost anything to join, the site isn't free to keep up. Which is also why I donate when I can since I use the great wealth of knowledge here

11. corey manshack

corey manshack Member

Donated via membership just now. Glad this conversion is in progress.

Chitwood likes this.
  12. Nuch

Nuch Well-Known Member

I did the same recently... Totally worth it.

13. XJ550H

photo posted on this site are the property of the poster and they hold a copyright to them so permission from the posted is needed to replace the original photos.
    we have someone working on may posts with permission granted by photo owner but he does have limited time and likes to ride his bikes.

14. Maxim-X

Maxim-X Well-Known Member

What I have done is downloaded Chrome as a second browser. My main browser is IE11, it's what I'm used to so it is what it is. However when I'm on this forum or any other forum that has the Photobucket scam and pictures don't appear I just copy and paste the http from the top of the page into the address bar on Chrome and I can see the pictures. I know if I did everything on Chrome then I wouldn't have to do the above, but hey, that's just me.

15. corey manshack

corey manshack Member

All content should be property of this forum. The poster doesn't own it traditionally, once it has been posted. I'm currently administrating one community and also post/moderate several others and this is how we treat content.

16. XJ550H

it is not uncommon for posters of photos to retain ownership, if when someone spends the time to do write ups and photos to say its mine now that you posted it would result in less writeups .
    I belong to another unrelated web site where I have posted 10,000 photos and I own the copyright to the photos and always will, when people steal them and post them on another site i demand the removal and they get removed. content as far as what is written is one thing photos are another . we are lucky bigfitz consented to having his writeups reposted.
    besides it would cost a considerable amount of time and money for this web site to do rewrites because of photobucket