1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ4ever parts & service

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by wrenchmaster, Mar 27, 2008.

1. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

My kids. They can't pay rent otherwise.

2. JBurch

JBurch Active Member

Thank you Len for your fast service and technical advice.

Jim Burch

3. bminis01

bminis01 New Member

Two thumbs up to Len. Ordered parts for my 80 xj650 carbs, all in good order. All spic and span and on runs nice. Thanks Len.

4. SecaMaverick

SecaMaverick Active Member

I may have said it before, but I've been ordering parts from Len as far back as I've been a member of this forum (2006). My latest order met my every expectation of quality and accuracy.
    If -- once in a blue moon -- something isn't as expected, he's always made it right. If I had more than two thumbs, they'd all be up.

5. Edward Warlin

Edward Warlin New Member

Thanks to Len and Pete I was able purchase the YICS shutoff tool at a very reasonable price, The tool came "vary fast" a couple days, I was able to synchronize and adjust the carbs on my 1985 XJ700 maxim yesterday and the bike runs great, Thanks again XJ4ever.

6. JBurch

JBurch Active Member

Many thanks to Len at XJ4ever parts. Great service!!!!

7. Lierre

Lierre New Member

Hey Len,
    Just wanted to say thanks to you and all who maintain xjBikes.com. Sooo much valuable info. Tonight, well morning now, I completed my very first valve shim adjustment. I've really worked hard to complete all the tasks for this build on my own, in effort to learn. I was soooo intimidated at the thought of even checking the valve clearances, but I decided to go ahead and check xjbikes, and of course, someone has put together a complete how-to. Very good instructions, because I did it successfully without issue. All the valve clearances are now within spec, and it really wasn't difficult AT ALL!!!!! In addition to that, I've rebuilt the starter motor using your rebuild kit, and several other things. Said all that to say, THANKS SO MUCH... Xjbikes has made my '82 XJ650 Maxim cafe racer conversion project a breeze ...and the fact that you offer the best parts is such a convenience. No need to waste time searching. That's awesome!!!

XJ550H and cgutz like this.
  8. msgoodwrench

msgoodwrench New Member

Hi Len! Such a pleasure to do business with you again! Great parts that are correct the first time, and fast shipping. Also you always send informational links to helpful forum pages in regards to replacing/adjusting the parts ordered - very thoughtful, very helpful!! My '82 XJ550J was back on the road again today with a new clutch cable. I enjoyed a nice ride this evening after fixing it this afternoon. My thanks to XJBikes, and especially XJ4ever!!

9. R Barlow

R Barlow New Member

I've been working with Len for the last month or so...I'm restoring a 1982 XJ650RJ Seca. Parts availability is amazing. Communicating with Len has been great and his knowledge about the bike I am working on is over the top... Shipping is quick and parts are perfect. When I get home and there is a package on the front porch it's like Christmas!!!

JetmechMarty and jayrodoh like this.
  10. Daniel Murray

Daniel Murray New Member

I gotta say, working with Len has been a pleasure. He was always fast to respond and gave all relevant information. Parts all came super fast and I'm finally all done with my valve cover gasket replacement and valve adjustment. Just in time for some great weather next week too! It feels like beating a dead horse here with the positive feedback but seriously; don't go anywhere else for your XJ parts, it's not worth the hassle, his prices are better anyway.

Just as another little kudos from someone who had a real shit time with another small time niche dealer of parts for my Nissan Titan truck, Len, you do business the right way and I truly appreciate the service you provide to this community.

11. JBurch

JBurch Active Member

A big "Thank you" to Len, great help, and great service.

12. xHondaHack

xHondaHack Active Member Premium Member

Had to get a few more items needed recently from Len.
    As usual, he had the things I was looking for, and got them soon after ordering.

You can always trust the quality and top notch service though Len @ Xj4ever.com

Tony

hogfiddles likes this.
  13. JBurch

JBurch Active Member

Again, a big "Thank You" to Len. A great help and great service.

14. RJ C

RJ C Member

Holy moly Len...parts ordered Wednesday May 13...received Friday May 15! MN and GA are not real close to each other, must’ve sent via XJ steel horse express. Thanks again for the quality parts and fast delivery! :cool:

Rick

15. 3rd day

3rd day New Member

Thanks Len...got my parts promptly...flasher relay works jut like you said it would...thanks for taking the time to answer my numerous emails and for the advice and hard to find parts...I'm a repeat customer and have always been satisfied! Thank You!

16. Jonathon Kent

Jonathon Kent Member

Len, you have proven many times that you care more than most and have a huge plethora of knowledge. Got my order in the mail yesterday. 2 days including shipping is amazing. Just to point this out. I sent out a package over a month ago paid the huge amount of $25 for next day service....... the receiver didn’t get it till the next week....... anyhow thanks Len your the man.

17. Huntchuks

Huntchuks Well-Known Member

Got my valve cover gasket and rubber grommets from the house of Chacal the other day. Great service and quick even though I opted for standard shipping. Now I need to decide if I should check valves/make shim swaps now or if I should wait till the Carb Clinic so I can swap shims right there (if needed and if available).

18. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

You can only do them here if you trailer the bike in. It can only be done when the bike is cold..... overnight cold. If you ride it, we can’t get an accurate check. If you even start it up and then shut it down, we can’t get an accurate check

19. Huntchuks

Huntchuks Well-Known Member

I wasn't thinking of doing it on arrival day. Will it be ok to tackle it the next day? I am assuming some people will be staying more than one day but I have no idea of any schedule.

20. tx1

tx1 New Member

A quick thanks to Len received my parts today followed the instructions and all went fine will be back for a few more bits, Thanks again for all your help