1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How did you get here?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by SnoSheriff, Jun 1, 2006.

1. PJD

PJD New Member

I found this site while looking for info to resurrect my 85 xj750x. I've owned the bike since '89 but kids and life got in the way for the past 12 or so years. It's been stored in a heated garage but wasn't put to bed 100% correctly. Well now my son wants to ride and I have the bug again!! This site has just tons of info and I'm happy to see there is still a great following for all the xj bikes. I hope to have some pics soon and will keep a log of what it needed to be brought back to life. Thanks to everybody who contributes here it's a true treasure!

SpearChucker and Rusty81 like this.
  2. Idopp

Idopp New Member

I enjoy riding motorcycles, and have recently come accross a 1976 XS650 twin in need of a lot of tlc and a quite complete 1982 XJ 650 with low miles which had recently been poorly stored away with modern fuel without Sta-Bil ... leaving afew issues ..starting with the need for a new fuel tank ... I am hoping I can press the better XS tank into service on the XJ ... so I found this group

3. Nyk B

Nyk B New Member

Welcome Idopp! It's funny I also have a 76 XS 650 and an 81 xj650 lol and idk if the tanks can be swapped or not, but you can always do a water rinse to get crummys and a vinegar rinse to clean the rust

Sd farmer and ecologito like this.
  4. ecologito

ecologito Well-Known Member

By mere accident and curiosity I keep bouncing back here :)

5. Yammaat

Yammaat Active Member

I believe I registered in 2014 because I was snooping around for info about my purchased Seca.
    Got busy and forgot about this forum due to other info I could retrieve in my country.
    But.. will try again.

Hi, I'm Jaap (JPi) and from the Netherlands living in Hoorn NH,
    61 years of age by now and riding bikes since my 15th orso.
    Have had est. 15 bikes, started on a DT360, suzuki's gs, yamaha seca 750, the y41, 25 years on V65 magna's and now back to my true love... the Seca 11M.
    But.. since I did ratbikestuff the last 20 years the bike isn't quite the same anymore. It's now more a kind of allpurposebike or swiss army knive I was told once :D
    Hope you can enjoy it nevertheless
    [​IMG]

Huntchuks likes this.
  6. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Welcome back! Interesting XJ750, K-moe says it is the police model. Where did you find it?
    John

7. Yammaat

Yammaat Active Member

Didn't find it.. made it..lol
    It's a canadian model and was shiny red, original colour, wrapped it and modified several things like oilcooler, extra sensors etc.etc.

8. Yammaat

Yammaat Active Member

BTW.. how do I upload pictures to the Showcasetopic?

9. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

must be a primiem member to use show case

10. Yammaat

Yammaat Active Member

Aha, ok and thanks :cool:

11. jjcurtiscb

jjcurtiscb Member

My brother had a 81 XJ750 SECA and he found this place when he needed some help on wiring. Once I bought the bike from him, he told me about the site and it's been a great help!

As for how to make it grow, it depends on what you want out of it. You could easily run ads on Google or Facebook with select keywords / audiences to drive traffic, but unless you make a lot off of sales / ads on the boards, it may not be worth it.

12. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

there are many FB sites where we post to come here but the face booker wants instantainous answers and post across several fb pages with the same question.
    you will see quite a few of us there too.
    some have come here and do not like what they are told and go back to fb.

13. jjcurtiscb

jjcurtiscb Member

I am talking more if you were going CPC. Again, since you guys don't really sell a product, I don't see any reason to worry about traffic beyond organic anyway. Unless I am missing something.

14. Bluestar

Bluestar New Member

I have a 1982 xj750j in excellent original condition, running like new and maintained properly since new. I found this site simply by google, I think anyone with an XJ bike will find all the sites pertaining to this bike that way. It’s a popular original timeless motorcycle.

StarGeneral, ksigurdsen and Simmy like this.
  15. Joe Parr

Joe Parr New Member

I bought a bike.. did some googling and found myself here!

16. Sami51311

Sami51311 New Member

I've rode my whole life. I remember tracing YAMAHA letters on the tank and sidecover badges, before I could read. I purchased the 1982 XZ550R Vision for $200 in 2018. Six monthes later, I added 1981 XJ750R Seca for $350. The 1981 XJ650LH Midnight Maxim, I purchased the very next year for $190. Then 8 months later, the week before Christmas, a 1983 XJ750RK Seca for $10, and the matching fairing for $20. Now I've run out of room... so, I'm looking for a bigger yard. All any of the bikes needed when I picked them up: A new owner that knows they are really badass and clean carbs. After the bikes cranked up for the first time, they got what should have been routine maintenance, and I have been enjoying them all ever since.

Timbox and Simmy like this.
  17. yamrider

yamrider New Member

well i googled xj owners forum and ended up here which i thought was a good move seeing as i have owned both the 550 and the 600 and up to now it's looking good :D

18. Korb-uretor

Korb-uretor New Member

Kinda new to the bike owning world, I had a Honda ruckus a few years ago and need the "wind in my hair" feeling again. So when my pal posted his 82 xj750 up for sale I had to check it out. It only took me a couple google searches for parts to find this foum, and now I'm exited to tackle my first ever carb rebuild!

Attached Files:

19. Mechanic1978

Mechanic1978 Active Member

Googled for parts...... Seen xj4ever site, then this one.

20. Donchadh

Donchadh New Member

Ive got a XJ6 and there is very little info online about them online. Its been off road for 3 years but have started work on it. I searched the net via googler and found this forum on there. Also got a 535 Virago and that needs work on it too. So hoping this site can offer some advice if I need any help on my bikes :)

XJ550H likes this.