1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Antigravity Batteries

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Brandon Spencer, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Brandon Spencer

Brandon Spencer Member

Anyone here have experience with Antigravity batteries?

I have a 92' XV750 Virago project which should be starting back up soon and was looking put one in it.

Grabbed an AGM for my XJ but was curious about these

2. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

i set one in the driveway, now it's stuck in the tree :)

3. jerry57g

jerry57g New Member

I bought one for my Yam XS tracker project. I used the ignition from when I was racing it and wired in a completely separate system for everything else. So far it seems to work great. I bought one of the smallest ones as I didn't need too much use. The only thing I can say is according to the manufacturer I had to buy a special charger for this style battery.

4. Brandon Spencer

Brandon Spencer Member

So ended up picking one up and wow they are super light ~2 lbs. XV also required a new reg/rec as the PO stated it was not charging which I confirmed.

New reg/rec was trash and over charged the new AG battery within the first ride. However, was able to get a replacement from AG CS and now its still sitting in a box... picked up a AGM and Ricks reg/rec and have not looked back.

May throw it into my XJ later on given Ricks makes a specific reg/rec for our bikes and lithium batteries. Or save it for a future project

5. noah scott

noah scott Member

I have one in my Suzuki savage mounted under the muffler hanger. It's awesome and hasn't elt me down yet... Sometimes if it's really cold you need to turn your lights on for 30 seconds to get it going

6. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

The acronym stands for “absorbed glass mat”