1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Various Loose Ends / Trouble Shooting

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Logan Wildman, May 4, 2024.

  1. Logan Wildman

    Logan Wildman New Member

    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Toledo, OH
    Hello All,

    Been a while since I have been on the fourm due to school, however I'm back in the garage trying to tie up some loose ends. I have numerous questions regaurding some on going issues:

    1) When adjusting choke about how much should my carb be adjusted on the back of carbs? Right now I've kind have just been playing with it, but for the life of me cant figure out why the bike refuses to idle immediately after choke is turned off. Im thinking might be running lean or potentially vaccuum leaks?

    2) Does anyone know a good source for aftermarket turn signal relays? Would prefer a new replacement than old stock. Relay currently will work on left and right side of the bike but will not blink.

    3) Upon changing my headlight recently it immediatly burn out the closed bulb I was using, but voltage on battery was around 12.1V. Not sure if the bulb was a fluke or I have electrical issues going on.

    4) Anyone know of any salvage yard near Ohio? Looking to source some parts cheaper rather than buying through XJ4ever. Looking for a tank and petcock.

    Thank to everyone for continued support!
     
  2. Minimutly

    Minimutly Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,995
    Likes Received:
    849
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    West Wales, uk
    Idle adjustment should be by means of the idle screw, turn it in to keep the engine running. have the carbs been bench or vacuum synched? idealy both. then mixtures set -2.5 turns out with the fine screws, I have no idea with the course threded ones. - but this will only be a starting point. Choke is for starting cold only.
    Your headlight bulb failed, that's normal...
    I can't help you with anything else I'm afraid...
     
  3. bensalf

    bensalf Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,393
    Likes Received:
    293
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    yorkshire ,england
    what bike is it :rolleyes:
     
  4. Minimutly

    Minimutly Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,995
    Likes Received:
    849
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    West Wales, uk
    I looked, maxim 550...
     
  5. Logan Wildman

    Logan Wildman New Member

    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Toledo, OH
    Hello,
    Thanks for the feed back figured the bulb was just a dud from the factory, but as far as the carb adjustments go, they were bench synced. Made sure to do so when I rebuilt the carb rack and replaced all hardware.

    Thank you!
     

Share This Page