1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

What did you do to your Yamaha today?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Cutlass84, Jun 4, 2007.

  1. Jarich

    Jarich Member

    Messages:
    53
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    More from Yesterdays riding. On the road in the dark this morning with 100 km in before breakfast. Very glad for the extra driving lights. And hand covers. Electric grips on the to do list.
     

    Attached Files:

    Brhatweed, RideAlong420 and Fuller56 like this.
  2. RideAlong420

    RideAlong420 Active Member

    Messages:
    317
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    USA
    I love those rims, wish I had those on my XJ650
     
    Jarich and Brhatweed like this.
  3. co.dirtbiker

    co.dirtbiker Active Member

    Messages:
    327
    Likes Received:
    232
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Location:
    Colorado, USA
    Those are all done. Now on to the fork seals and rotors. Oh, and I need to pull the carbs and change some jets. And fix the fairing. And mount a tire.

    upload_2026-9-19_12-29-12.png
     
    Fuller56, Jarich and Brhatweed like this.
  4. Jarich

    Jarich Member

    Messages:
    53
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    The handling is amazing when these run on the 17s. Tire availability really helps
     
  5. Jarich

    Jarich Member

    Messages:
    53
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    Nothing but admire its performance
    1800 km in two days without a single hiccup.
    Well except for coming up 10 km short in fuel range and having to get rescued. On the plus side I now know the exact distance I can go on a tank and that I can trust my fuel gauge
     

    Attached Files:

    Fuller56 likes this.
  6. Simmy

    Simmy Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    2,672
    Likes Received:
    1,457
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Waterloo Ontario Canada
    All the way up to Thunder Bay
     
    Jarich likes this.
  7. Jarich

    Jarich Member

    Messages:
    53
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    And onward another 400 kms to Fort Frances
     
  8. Brhatweed

    Brhatweed Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    585
    Likes Received:
    418
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Mora MN
    and another 200km south to my front door for a cold one.
     
    Jarich likes this.
  9. Jarich

    Jarich Member

    Messages:
    53
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    Head on up and enjoy some Canadian hospitality.
     
    Uxbridge Brule likes this.
  10. Brhatweed

    Brhatweed Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    585
    Likes Received:
    418
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Mora MN
    Put another 175 miles on the bike today but it might be the last for the year, need to pull the carbs off and address a runaway idle issue that creeped up. Overall the bike was feeling somewhat lean so I think it's time to go thru them, two years without any major carb problems is nothing to complain about.

    Time to get Zestfully clean
     

Share This Page