1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

BRK Warning

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by SecaNick750, Mar 23, 2008.

  1. SecaNick750

    SecaNick750 New Member

    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Albany, NY
    I have an '82 Seca 750. Just had the brakes flushed. The brake rotor was rebuilt because it was sticky. The BRK warning has come on. I checked the fluid and it is full. How do I reset this?
     
  2. PainterD

    PainterD Active Member

    Messages:
    2,649
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    St. Cloud, Minnesota
    Maybe the little switch is stuck? Or maybe it is making poor contact or a grounding issue? Just a thought.
     
  3. SecaNick750

    SecaNick750 New Member

    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Albany, NY
    what little switch are you referring to?
     
  4. PainterD

    PainterD Active Member

    Messages:
    2,649
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    St. Cloud, Minnesota
    There should be a little switch that makes the light come on, right? I think there is one inside the brake resevoir that tells you when the brake fluid is low, that's the one I'm referring to. On mine (750 Seca) the brake resevoir is down on the lower triple tree and is a bitch to get at. There are wires running to it, so I assume there is a switch that says when it's low on fluid. PD
     
  5. SecaNick750

    SecaNick750 New Member

    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Albany, NY
    The guy at the shop never reconnected the power line to the sensor that is coupled inside the headlight casing. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.
     
  6. PainterD

    PainterD Active Member

    Messages:
    2,649
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    St. Cloud, Minnesota
    That's good you found the problem. You may want to check all those plastic connectors as long as you have it apart and make sure they are all clean and make good contact. Those are trouble spots on these bikes and have a history of leaving some people stranded, scratching their heads. PD
     

Share This Page