1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.
hogfiddles
Last Activity:
Mar 25, 2024 at 8:27 AM
Showcase Items:
1. Band Director 2. Banjos, etc.

Share This Page

hogfiddles

XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic, from near utica, new york

Moderator Premium Member

Kegan, your fusebox is right on top of your airbox cover Mar 9, 2021

hogfiddles was last seen:
Mar 25, 2024 at 8:27 AM
    1. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      SgtBacus, dmcoach hasn’t been around for 4 years
    2. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Fer93–bigfitz hasn’t been around for awhile. Besides, it’s illegal to disseminate unauthorized copies. Go on eBay and buy an original.
    3. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Fits isnt around anymore..... but many of us have extra jets....or order directly from Len Chacal: info@xj4ever.com
    4. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      The best size is factory size WITH AN AIRBOX......just sayin’
    5. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Charles.....the muffler bolts right through the big round hole with the black rubber bushing on the foot peg mount
    6. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Cafe-xv750 hasn’t been seen in 5 yrs
    7. JCH
      JCH
      Hello Dave. I believe that i may be having Pilot Jet issues on my 85 Maxim XJ ,it stumbles on take off from a stop if i don't Rev the idle first a bit.
      Have you heard of any success with adding Techron of some other trpe of fuel additive to relive problem or even preventing this common issue.

Dave due you know how to Showcase your Bike on this site.
      1. XJ550H
        XJ550H
        show case requires premium membership. additives will not help.
        Apr 25, 2020
    8. Motoboy
    9. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Lawnmower man, check your inbox
    10. Olin Lego
      Olin Lego
      I am currently redoing a 1982 YAMAHA XJ 650 MAXIM AND Iam in dire need of carburators do you know of anyone selling a set for this bike or do you prehaps have a set to sell condition not an issue as i would rebuild them thank you for your time
    11. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      You could use a 550 seca TCI, curve will be probably be a bit different, but i think that’s about all
    12. Mavrick9
      Mavrick9
      Hi is there a reliable substitute that you would recomend for the tci unit for a Yamaha xj 550 yics?
    13. BigVic65
      BigVic65
      Greetings, I was told you have a shim exchange. Is this true and how do I pay you? Vic
    14. RJ C
      RJ C
      Hey Dave, I’m looking for a shim swap if possible.

Looking for 2-270, 2-285, 1-260

I have 1-280, 2-290 & 2-275 to swap.

Thanks in advance.

Rick
    15. Renzo
      Renzo
      Hi dave i heard you’re the shim pool for the xj by anychance you would have 245,250 and 260(x2)?? If so please get back to me asap thanks!
    16. Prosper50
      Prosper50
      Hi Dave! We spoke last fall on the phone a few times. I'm the guy in Rome (10 miles from you) that got a nice shape 80' XJ in trade for a lawnmower. I'm happy to say my build is almost complete. I was going to send you a text with some pics, as you told me to let you know when it was done and you would go through the carbs and see if you had anything to update anything that might be needed. I hope all is well! -Dave
    17. Jonathon Kent
      Jonathon Kent
      Hi I was just wondering if you could help me with my Carburetor problem?
    18. david brown
      david brown
      send to hogfiddles Hi, I have a set of carbs for a 86 maxim xj700x. How much would you charge to clean and rebuild, how long would it take? thanks
    19. Edwin Portillo
      Edwin Portillo
      Live 5 mins from the city, have a xj 750 maxim 82, carb float got stuck, stripped a jet trying to rebuild it, kinda don't have the patience to finish, anyone near by can help me service my baby?
    20. TG2
      TG2
      Hey man, got a problem with my 550 carbs I believe. The bike has not run in a while and when I try to start it, it sounds like its being starved of fuel, also just got the starter rebuilt and a new starter relay. when I turn the fuel on or on prime, fuel starts coming out of the first carb towards to air box side. Have you seen this before, and does the carb need to be rebuilt?
  • About

1. Band Director 2. Banjos, etc.
    #1 hobby - collecting rocks and minerals #2 hobby - a whole bunch of other hobbies

Signature

XJ900RK, XJ700, a couple dozen more XJ's, 2 Hondas, 2 Suzukis, 2 xs400 Secas....and counting
    ------
    https://www.xjcd.org/emergency_guidectomy