1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Are you still riding?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Simmy, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Melnic

Melnic Active Member

Short 45 min ride today with riding buddy. He just got a 1983 Honda GL1100 Goldwing

Oblivion likes this.
  2. Huntchuks

Huntchuks Well-Known Member

20230215_150208.jpg Yesterday got the 700 airhead out to make the 30 mi. round trip to my mother's place to fix her phone and tablet. Mid 60's yesterday.

3. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

We got snow again Thursday, so the salt monster is back out on the road. Waiting for the next big rain before I'm out again.

4. BallAquatics

BallAquatics Active Member

It was 70 degrees yesterday in February in Ohio! Was a bit on the windy side, but I'll take it.

Rode to work, first time out in the dark on the Seca... the headlight leaves a great deal to be desired. From a quick look it seems to have a halogen bulb, perhaps I can swap it for led.

The ride turned out to be a joy ride to nowhere in particular. First ride where I wasn't bundled up to fight off the cold. Ended up clocking around 90 miles in total.

[​IMG]

5. BallAquatics

I've rode almost every day this week, except Wednesday & Friday. It was a nice sunny 53 °F this afternoon and I had the CB550 out for about a 35 mile loop. Every time I think I've got the bike ready for spring something else comes up! The joys of owning old bikes I guess. It's got an oil seep around the oil pump I believe. The pump is external and has 3 o-rings where it attaches to the engine. Should be an easy fix, I'll have to check to see if I have the required o-rings. Might make a good project for tomorrow, the forecast is calling for rain most of the day.

[​IMG]

ksigurdsen and Fuller56 like this.
  6. BallAquatics

Yesterday was nicest day of the year so far. Almost 70 °F with lots of sun and breezy. Rode out to Mom's on the turbo to put the battery tender on the CBR and decided to swap the turbo for the NC700X.

I had no particular destination in mind and ended up just all over about 3 counties. Ended up with a total of 104 miles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave in Ireland and Franz like this.
  7. BallAquatics

Got a break in the weather and had a fantastic day out on the bike yesterday. 80+ miles for the ride. Most of the month has been cold and rainy and saw lots of standing water along the road. It's been pretty close to typical Ohio weather in March, but with some extra rain thrown in for good measure.

At any rate, was close to 62°F by mid afternoon, with very light wind. Bike was running great, I'm loving the factory fairing on the xj650lj, just enough wind protection without being too much. I'm thinking the old Yamaha is happy to be out on the road after being stored away for so much of it's life, clock says 7593 miles now!

[​IMG]

short_circutz and Rooster53 like this.
  8. BallAquatics

[​IMG]

Beautiful day here, 69 °F with hardly a cloud in the sky. Was hoping to head south down to the Hocking Hills area, but some wind damage that needed attention kept me closer to home. Ended up getting re-acquainted some of my favorite twisty roads in the area and went 100+ miles in the process.

Serviced the NC700X over the weekend so it got the nod for today's outing. These bikes usually get ho hum reviews, but I'm loving it. Smooth as silk, 80 miles to the gallon, all-day comfort, and with the Michelin Road 5 tires fitted, it will carve up a twisty road to beyond my abilities.

Rooster53 and Franz like this.