1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

I'm back - and my f-in oil filter is stuck

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Ribo, Mar 26, 2015.

1. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Got to love the placebo effect. I love my spin on filter too, but it didn't make the bike run any better.

2. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

I can spin my filter, too, before I put the cover back on.

3. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

now if there was a easy way to get the oil out without making a mess.......

4. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Oh that's easy. Just drill a hole in the cover.

5. Ribo

Ribo Prefectionist

Austin Texas USA ( a long way from the UK )
    I know it sounds like it but there is a noticeable difference. I'm certain of it. Could be the oil I swapped out or something else that happened without my knowledge but it certainly was running better. I've been trying to find the sweet spot on the idle forever and could never get it. After I replaced the filter it was running so much smoother that thought I'd give it another go and low and behold it was easy(er).

I can't explain it but it so obvious it's not imaginary. The old filter cap appears to the thing that was leaking too so maybe it's got something to do with that IDK.

6. fcdmzz

fcdmzz New Member

Buenas noches desde Argentina. Me paso lo mismo, era imposible sacarlo, lo redondeé todo y no se soltó el desgraciado ...

Solución: le soldé una turca grande, suficientemente grande como para que la cabeza redondeada del tornillo entrara en su cavidad, presente el la tuerca y le dí tres puntadas de soldadura pero cuando quise girar con la llave de tubo se desoldó, lo volví a soldar y se volvió a soltar al querer girarlos. Yo tuve miedo de soldarlo mucho por si se deformaba el aluminio, ... finalmente me decidí y le di fuerte con la soldadora, esperé unos segundos que enfriara la soldadura (no tantos como para que se enfrie la tuerca) y le hice fuerza con la llave de tubo para ver si salia y ... Salio !!!!, cuando vi el chorro de aceite fui feliz jajajajaj.
    Conclusión soldar una tuerca bien soldada y aflojarla en caliente, porque el mismo calor hace que el tornillo atascado se afloje y gire.
    Saludos desde Argentina amigos, este foro es genial, gracias !!!!!!