1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Refurbishing the clutch

Discussion in 'XJ DIY How-To Videos' started by turpentyne, Nov 9, 2018.

1. turpentyne

turpentyne Active Member

Well... I've done it again -- making a fool of myself with another hacky how-to video on the '82 Maxim.

This time, I did the clutch. I couldn't seem to squeeze it into one short video, so it's broken up into two days ...with a night of drinking between. So, don't hold too much against me! :)

Here, I replace replace plates, smooth down the basket, new springs... I'm even dumb enough to tackle replacing the outer needle bearing. Egads! You have no idea how much I edited out of that!

Day one (12 minutes):

Day two (17 minutes):

Dave ashworth and Jetfixer like this.
  2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

And yet another great how=to video from The Tyne! Thanks much.

But what I'd really like to see if the videos of the night of hard drinking in-between........

3. Tony222

Tony222 Member

lol thats funny. I already watched the first two videos and I will watch this one. I am looking to see whats on the other side with all those spring and doodads...lol Thanks

4. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

See my PM.
    FYI the shifting mechanism is not part of the clutch. Please refrain from posting about unrelated items in the DYI threads. We need to keep them focused so they are as easy to understand as possible.