1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

removing liquid cooling system to make air cooled

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by John ezzell, May 21, 2018.

1. Maxim-X

Maxim-X Well-Known Member

That is the SADIST looking creation that I have ever seen and it would require a SADIST to ride it with position of the controls and steel tractor seat to plant a tush on! :) :)

Jetfixer likes this.
  2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Cool, but not a bobber. Almost all of it is shop-made.

Jetfixer likes this.
  3. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

I'm a purest I like a stock bike with a few mods made that are subtle ...most of the " bobbers" or my least favorite term " brat bike" or street fighter . A few I have seen look ok and kinda cool ...but I've also seen a bunch that are total hack jobs . Last year my wife was driving , I'm looking around at a stop light look over a dude has 650 maxim on a trailer . It is cut up frame loop hard tailed and everything painted black primer . Was sad looking at least to me ...would have liked to talk to him but he turned the opposite way. But I realize his bike his $$$ so that is all that counts right? :D:p

Bluegray57 likes this.
  4. Oldmansin

Oldmansin Member

This is a xj700 that I bobbed. If it were an xj700x I would've restored it. That said, I passed all the removed parts on to other forum members as the bikes are getting harder to find. IMG_20180421_131440696_HDR.jpg IMG_20180421_131423161_HDR.jpg

k-moe likes this.
  5. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Bobbing:
    verb (used with object), bobbed, bob·bing.
    1. to cut short; dock
    It actually is from the trimming (bobbing) of the rear fender, so it's not simply removing parts, it is modifying them as well.

6. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Yep. But mainly just cutting away the fender skirts, or cutting back the front fender originally. Dirt/gravel roads were still the norm, and flying rocks hurt.