1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Edmonton Alberta.

Discussion in 'Western US and Canada' started by brslk, Nov 2, 2011.

1. veedub88

veedub88 Member

I have a 1980 xj 650 that ran great when i had time for it (2008). Its been stored in a heated shop since. Anyone interested? The gas tank need tlc or replacement. and I have a new set of brake pads not yet installed.
    email me at suchaworld@live.com

Greg

2. spalomo81

spalomo81 Member

anyone here from calgary?

3. spalomo81

spalomo81 Member

hello fellow albertans

4. need2speed3

need2speed3 Member

LOL, looks like riding season is nearing an end judging by the weather today :cry:

5. permissiontolandfmx

permissiontolandfmx Member

Another Albertan here! Spruce Grove specifically, just finish my build a couple weeks ago. If anyone is needing help or advice/opinion let me know. Have overcome some pretty stubborn issues ie; carbs with pods, clutch, etc...

Attached Files:

6. spalomo81

spalomo81 Member

calgary here!

7. Greatscott

Greatscott Member

Holy Crap! I didn't expect to see so many XJ owners here, I've been to other edmonton forums, and they're usually dead! WOW! I'm so excited now, because I have so much I want to do, and the budget is set for this summer or earlier. So, I will be bugging all of you guys to either help me or come out with me for a seca run. So stoked!

As for my ignition issue, I'm certain It's the solenoid, because I can jump the battery and it'll kick the starter on (no gas in, cleaned and sealed new tank)

I'm just concerned about a couple of things, like my brakes, carbs, clutch. I'm pretty certain I can figure out the brakes, but the carbs are cleaned and I do have the tool to balance them and set them, but I haven't had the time or the space to do that with gasoline (I live in a downtown apartment and the week I cleaned my carbs up here it reaked like gas for a week)

I plan on doing this right, and Permission to land, I love the look of your bike! It's not the style I'm aiming for, but I want to know your secret for the flat paint! I want to go all black with a yellow checkered fender, full fairing (I've got some decal/handpaint plans) and the tail is going to have a lap of laguna seca above the tail light. Hopefully.

God! So stoked! Screw you winter!

8. RangerG

RangerG Member

Keep posting and someone will help you out. I'm in Lloydminster and have done a ton of work to keep my bike running to the point where I can take off and go anywhere I want with no, or very little concern. My son is in school at Nait and will be inheriting the Seca next spring. I've moved on to a FZ1.
    [​IMG]

9. trevor.z

trevor.z New Member

Hi All,

Bought an 82 XJ 750 SECA in SeptemberOnly rode it for a short time before the inevitable happens (Snow). Not really experienced with bikes but was hoping to do some work on the bike next spring (2013) on my own. Small things, throttle cable, change oil, new handlebar grips, etc... Anyone that might want to give me some guidance would be appreciated. Did you guys manage to get out for a ride in 2012? Wouldn't mind riding in 2013 with some of you.

10. mvmanish

mvmanish New Member

Hello there,

I have a 1982 XJ650 Maxim. I am in Edmonton south side. I am wondering if someone knows how on how to clean the carbs or have a service manual that talks about how to do it. It will be nice to go for rides once winter is gone.

Thanks,

11. permissiontolandfmx

mvmanish if your still looking for help PM me and we can prob work something out.

12. permissiontolandfmx

Greatscott, the paint and powder coat are the only things I didn't do. I can hook you up with the guy who painted my tank and fenders. PM me for details