1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

83 xj750 wiring

Discussion in 'XJ DIY How-To Instructions' started by SethG83, Sep 21, 2016.

  1. SethG83

    SethG83 New Member

    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Portland Oregon
    I just bought a 83 XJ750 and the wiring is all jacked up. I'm looking into buying a new wiring harness but can't find any for the 83's. There are tons of 82 wiring harnesses all over eBay. My question is, are the wiring harness on the 82's compatible on the 83?
     
  2. Toomanybikes

    Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    2,836
    Likes Received:
    816
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Tsawwassen bc
    You talking Maxim or Seca?
     
  3. SethG83

    SethG83 New Member

    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Portland Oregon
    Maxim
     
  4. ManBot13

    ManBot13 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,592
    Likes Received:
    177
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Fairfax, VA
    According to chacal, those have the hard plastic shell around the wires correct?

    I think I have a used XJ750 Maxim harness, tho I'm not sure of the year. PM me and we can see if it's the same and work out a price.
     

Share This Page