1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

'82 Xj650 Maxim Bobber/chop

Average User Rating:
5/5,
Tags:
  • Year:
    Make:
    Yamaha
    Model:
    XJ650 Maxim
    Engine Size:
    Modifications & Accessories:
    Will update soon
    will update soon
  1. Brandon Cappellin
    Can you point me toward some larger tires that will fit this bike stock with no modifications? as i am building a bobber from the same bike looking for a little fatter rear tire and a nice meaty front
    1. bjmudryk
      Hey Brandon...unfortunately because of the gear drive swingarm, the largest you can go is a 130.
      bjmudryk, Mar 18, 2017
  2. bikermania001
  3. David Cormier
    Where did you get the dust covers and what size for the front forks?
    1. bjmudryk
      Hey David...I haven't been on in a while...life seems to always take ove for me. Anyway...the gaiters I got from eBay for $15.
      bjmudryk, Sep 12, 2016
  4. tater1122
    Your bike looks amazing I'm in the process of building mine into a bobber as this is my first bike I've ever owned and moddified I had some questions
    1. bjmudryk
      Hey tater...thank you so much. This is my first bike too. My friends keep telling me that I'm outta my mind for doing it instead of just buying a rider. But I've always been one of those don't ever tell me it can't be done kinda guys, because I'll prove ya wrong...lol
      bjmudryk, Sep 12, 2016
  5. Bobbers4life
    how are those pods I got a xj550rh and cant break 65mph .
    1. bjmudryk
      Hey bobbers4life...sorry it's taken so long to get back to you...I've been outta commission for some time. I haven't had the opportunity to find out yet...hoping to this fall. Still having some wiring demons to chase.
      bjmudryk, Sep 12, 2016
  6. Smoothbore76
    Hey!
    I just picked up an '85 XJ700 Maxim. I plan to terrorize (bob, paint, etc) it much the same way you have yours. Do you have any other pics of it? Thank you and she looks awesome!
      bjmudryk likes this.
    1. bjmudryk
      That's awesome. Would like to see what you plan to do. I added some more images. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for the compliments.
      bjmudryk, May 22, 2016
    2. bjmudryk
      Btw...I found all my parts on eBay, and truly made this easy as a budget build. Bought the bike for $500, and between parts and paint, I put another $1200 into it. All paint, fabbing was done by me, and has given me such a feeling of accomplishment. If you dream it, you can do it.

My tank is off an xj700. I love it more than the 650. Because it's a teardrop shape. 650 was too boxy for me.
      bjmudryk, May 22, 2016
    3. ecorrigan
      Howdy, I'm in the process of picking up an '82 XJ650 that I'd like to do almost exactly the same thing with and wondering if you have any input or advice. As much as possible would be done by myself to minimize cost. I want to do a hardtail and lower the bike a bit more than what you have yours sitting at, but other than that I'm looking to do much the same thing!
      I love what you did with yours. The orange is awesome and those handlebars are about perfect! I'll bet it's quite the head-turner.
      ecorrigan, Jul 15, 2016
  7. Chance
    Looks well done. Nice paint scheme.
      bjmudryk likes this.
    1. bjmudryk
      Thanks Chance. I appreciate the compliment.
      bjmudryk, May 22, 2016