1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Xj N 700 Maxim

Average User Rating:
5/5,
Tags:
  • Year:
    Make:
    Yamaha
    Model:
    Maxim
    Engine Size:
    XJ700
    Modifications & Accessories:
    Stock
    Three year project and going, its been fun and expensive...

I would like to thank Len at XJ parts for his extensive help and unbelievable knowledge on this bikes...Also Dave at Hog fiddles for being so helpful on performance issues, and of coarse for having access to this website and its members Thank You
chris123, tracey, raskal and 7 others like this.
  1. xHondaHack
    Wow! Looks like you just rolled it off the showroom. Even looks like the fuel tank is brand new.
    1. JCH
      Thats because it is...Most likely the last black one out there?
      JCH, May 2, 2020
  2. Minimutly
    Done a job on that, impressive!
  3. Huntchuks
    That's a beauty.
  4. xj6504lyfe
    Same, I love working on my bike too. The most I can really do is buy in poor shape and get it running and inspected. Hopefully someday I'll be in a position to fully restore a motorcycle fully.
  5. JCH
    Yup ,good for you... its important to have passion for something.
  6. McTavish
  7. David Gaunt
    Nice bike, looks brand new. Fantastic
    1. JCH
      Thanks David,its a project in motion. as you most likely know.
      JCH, May 8, 2020
  8. May_J_Aaron
    Wow! That looks so incredibly clean! What did you do? Soda Blast the engine and various parts?
    1. JCH
      Thanks ,No... hand cleaned with fine emery cloth,replaced some covers and had some clear coating done.You have to remember that its always been garaged and has 9k on it,having some good genes to work with helped a lot.
      JCH, May 11, 2020
    2. May_J_Aaron
      What did you clear coat? The raw engine?
      May_J_Aaron, May 27, 2020
  9. JPV
    Beautiful bike. I'm working on a XJ650J, XJ750 Maxim, and a XJ1100 Maxim and REALLY hope I can get them looking mint like your eventually. Polishing the engines is going to be a huge PITA! Nice work
      Turbobob23 likes this.
    1. JCH
      Three Bikes at a time,wow...Do you have some photos that you wish to share?
      JCH, May 28, 2020
    2. JPV
      I will have to make a post soon about the bikes!
      JPV, Jun 11, 2020
  10. Dre42
    Looks fresh! Awesome quality work
    1. JCH
      Thank you,it's coming along...
      JCH, Jun 24, 2020
    2. JCH
      Look's fresh,i like that one.LOL
      JCH, Jun 24, 2020