1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale 1980 Yamaha Maxim

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Jmkrull, May 23, 2019.

1. Jmkrull

Jmkrull Member

$500/OBO. Restored Yamaha Maxim with 35600 miles. I've been working on it for a couple years at this point, but got a new bike. It's not consistently starting at this point. It does, I've had it out >10 times this year already, but times it just doesn't want to go. This could just be the battery now, but the starter clutch will probably need to be addressed sooner than later and i'd do the chain guide while you're in there too. I'm just not able to undertake that project at this point due to being in an apartment now/space/time.

So, If you are handy, you have an excellent platform and this bike should be good to go. I do have receipts for the below (paper or e-receipt), so i can verify the below. In addition, I have various parts/components and manuals to go with this so you aren't completely going in blind and unprepared. I would do it if I had the time and space, but it's just taking up space at this point.

Brand new tires
    Brand new Progressive suspension
    New bearings
    Fresh wiring harness w/ higher gauge wire
    Freshly powdercoated frame/misc parts
    Fresh lined and painted tank
    New Galfer Steel brake lines
    New cables
    Rebuilt carb rack
    1-2 yr old battery
    Custom cowhide seat
    Valves/valve clearance has been done
    New brakes (front/rear)
    New starter brushes
    Fresh fork seals and oil

I do still have the old stock bars and angled stock (vs. horizontal stock XS650) master cylinder if you want to change the current trackers out, or even change out to any bars.

I'm in South Minneapolis, MN

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jmkrull

Jmkrull Member

Sold