1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1982 xj750 maxim for sale $1000 Baltimore

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Bryan Moon, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bryan Moon

Bryan Moon New Member

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/6472853362/skp7w

1982 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim

Bought this bike in September of 2016. The motorcycle had roughly 12000 miles on her. I am currently trying to buy a new bike and I need to sell her. She runs well.
    - The valve cover gasket was replaced back in June. Will need an oil change soon. The valve cover on XJ models with the YICS had a problem leaking from the CAM plugs on the right side. I have gasket sealer necessary to fix the small leak, I just haven't been able to get around to fixing while working 2 jobs.
    -New Pirelli rear tire with 2000 or so miles on it. Front has a Dunlop that has plenty of tread left.
    -New battery put in back in October.
    -I have turn signals with all the wiring parts necessary (no front signals and rear signals don't blink) and will include a new front tire, headlight and other various parts from the previous owner (including a factory manual).
    -The previous owner installed an LED tailight which only wired the rear brake, (front will need to be wired to it)
    -The carburetor has also started to slowly leak from I believe carb #2 (probably a stuck float). I took the carbs off 3 weeks ago to clean it in attempt to fix the issue, no dice. I don't have the necessary tools or time to fix it. When I was taking the carbs apart one of the previous owners had stripped some of the screws. (it could be driven home but will leak fuel until the issue is fixed.
    -Has a fuel cutoff after the petcock. The petcock needs to be replaced due to a very slow leak (which I have a replacement of and will include). I was going to replace it myself but it looks like a previous owner attempted to try and stripped the screws so I did not attempt and left alone (I didn't have the tools necessary to work with striped screws).
    -bar end mirrors

$1000 OBO

No low balls please.

Cash in hand only.

text me two four oh for oh 5 six 8 six six IMG_0658.jpg

Attached Files: