1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1982 XJ750 Seca Rear Brake Switch

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Tiavarone, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Tiavarone

Tiavarone New Member

Hello All, I recently purchased the bike and noticed the brake switch was bad on my bike and bought a new one. Question is how do I install the new brake switch does the passenger foot peg have to come off as well as the foot brake itself? I can't seem to find anything in the owners manual about removing or installing a new switch. The Old Brake switch had a homemade spring that lost its tension so I didn't have to remove anything to take it off.

2. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

As I recall from replacing mine , I removed the rear brake lever and the rear foot rest bracket (3 large Allen bolts) . The shaft has two ears on it one is where the spring to the end of the switch . You adjust the jamb nut till it shuts off the brake light , reassemble the brake lever push down on the lever see it your brake light illuminates , let off and see if it extinguishs, if does your good they can be a little finicky.

3. Tiavarone

Tiavarone New Member

Thank you so much, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't taking things off that I didn't need to I will give this a go tonight!