1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1985 maxim X airbox

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Victor Hugo, Jan 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Victor Hugo

Victor Hugo New Member

HI, recently I bought a 1985 XJ700x Maxim X. It is my first bike and first project and I need an airbox. If anyone has one let me know .

2. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Victor, welcome to the site! There is a for sale and wanted area you can also post to.

I am happy to hear you are putting a air box on her if she is running PODS now. That will really help you tune the bike better. In the upper right hand corner of ever page is a icon, click that and then take a look at the links that you are interested in. Lots of reading for your bike and other XJ's.

I had a "X" a while back and it sure took me to school. I was trying to find my old build thread but that was long ago. Just take your time, ask lots of questions but make sure they are detailed so we can help. Pics or links to pics once you go past 5 posts.

Here is the link to my build...the pics are gone...hmmm https://www.xjbikes.com/forums/threads/1985-xj700-x-looks-like-blowen-head-gasket.109293/

Again, welcome to the site and enjoy that new water cooled beast.

Franz likes this.
  3. Victor Hugo

Victor Hugo New Member

Timbox thanks for the warm welcome.

4. xxxKuTxxx

xxxKuTxxx Member

Welcome to the site. I salute you for being smart and keeping air box, not installing gay air pods. They are very wrong kind of gay. Good luck with your project. When you get it to run proper it will blow your mind.